• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First overall draft pick in 2014

AZMike

Which team will take the first overall draft pick in 2014?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will take the first overall draft pick in 2014?

• HOU
    • MIA
    • LAA
    • Other

Reverse Standings as of 4/16/2013

1) MIA 3-11

2) SD 3-10*

3) LAA 4-10

t6) HOU, TB, CHC 4-9

7) MIL 4-8

8) CLE 5-7

t11) TOR, SEA, CWS, 6-8 

*SD is winning so likely tied with the Angels in at the end of the night. Tiebreaker goes to previous year's standings so LAA in line for the 3rd pick regardless.

LOL we have the same record as the Padres.

Good Lord that just made this start so much worse.

Miami could very well catch us by the time the next Homestand is over. 

They picked up a game on us today thanks to the Dan Haren situation (4.1IP, 7R, 4ER)

I know many of you all were watching some of the NFL draft instead of the Angels. Now let's talk protected picks in the MLB draft:

1)  MIA 5-17   

2)  SD 6-15 

3)  HOU 7-15 

4) CHC 7-14

5) SEA 9-15

6) LAA 8-13

t7) PHI, TOR 9-14

9) CLE 8-11

10) CWS 9-12

Might as well look forward to 2014. Who has trade value on our team? Vargas? Kendrick? Aybar? Callaspo?

Wow, we certainly could use a massive infusion of talent by being sellers in July or earlier this hear

Bourjos, Trumbo.

You could get something for Downs a Burnett at the deadline. Maybe Jepsen can turn it around and we could get something for him too.

I know many of you all were watching some of the NFL draft instead of the Angels. Now let's talk protected picks in the MLB draft:

1)  MIA 5-17   

2)  SD 6-15 

3)  HOU 7-15 

4) CHC 7-14

5) SEA 9-15

6) LAA 8-13

t7) PHI, TOR 9-14

9) CLE 8-11

10) CWS 9-12

3.5 ahead of Miami. I still think Angels are at least a .500 team...

Might as well look forward to 2014. Who has trade value on our team? Vargas? Kendrick? Aybar? Callaspo?

Wow, we certainly could use a massive infusion of talent by being sellers in July or earlier this hear

Bourjos is our best chip if Calhoun or Witherspoon can step up and take a corner OF. Trout should also go back to his leaner speedier physique from 2012. Gaining weight hoping to get a few more homers isn't worth it if he gives up range in the OF and ability to steal.

I'm with you YOT. I'd trade CJ, Vargas, Alberto, Howie, and Pujols for as much minor league talent as possible. And yes, I know we would be eating most of the AP and CJ contracts and there are no trade clauses but it could work.

Hard not to think a rotation of Weaver, Richards, Roth, Hanson, and Jerome Williams with a lineup of

Bourjos, Aybar, Trout, Hamilton, Trumbo, Ianetta, Jimenez, Harris, Kalhoun would lose the same amount of games than what we currently have....

There is no chance in hell we trade any player with Value unless the return is someone at a similar position that can contribute the following year.  They have 75, 90 and almost 100mil committed to 4 players over the next three years.  Only one of which has potential trade value and he is on the DL.  If you were going to 'rebuild', you'd have to do so with a 100+ mil payroll of declining guys you are stuck with. 

The odds of revamping the pitching staff to a competitive level by trading Aybar, Callapso, Ianetta, and Kendrick is a pipe dream.  On top of which you have no one in the minors to fill their positions for at least 2-3 years. 

Moreno is going to run out Hamilton, Trout, Pujols, Weaver and Wilson along with a bunch of scurbs for the next 4 years?  No chance in hell. 

This team will remain virtually intact on the offensive side for the next three years.  Maybe four.  And JD will be left with trying to piece together a pitching staff with limited remaining resources and a limited farm system. 

I'm with you YOT. I'd trade CJ, Vargas, Alberto, Howie, and Pujols for as much minor league talent as possible. And yes, I know we would be eating most of the AP and CJ contracts and there are no trade clauses but it could work.

Hard not to think a rotation of Weaver, Richards, Roth, Hanson, and Jerome Williams with a lineup of

Bourjos, Aybar, Trout, Hamilton, Trumbo, Ianetta, Jimenez, Harris, Kalhoun would lose the same amount of games than what we currently have....

Trading off everything that's not young and under team control is becoming more appealing as the mediocrity carries on into it's 4th year, but I think the odds of it are pretty low.

If the team is bad enough that we're not realistically even on the fringe of contention, I could see the pending FAs being moved. But I also don't see a ton to get in return from that.

But Arte made a pretty huge bet that this team could win a championship in the next few years in all the contracts he's handed out. Some of which(Pujols, Hamilton, Wilson) we're probably pretty much stuck with.

As long as that's the case, I can't see this team just throwing in the towel for the next couple years. And given the lack of attractive alternatives at the higher levels for most of the positions, that's probably what that would be.