• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best and worst Angels' moment of 2014

gurn67

for me...

best, trout grand slam off of sale. was there with some girl, and we had basically given up so we snuck down to field level to watch the rest of the game. sat down right near third base at the beginning of trouts at-bat. fantastic moment.

worse, richards going down. that one hurt my soul.

Worst moment just in terms of on-field gameplay (not injuries), Nick Swisher walk off grand slam. 

Best moment is a tossup between bow and arrow scene and Chris Sale batting practice.

Edited by ScottLux

worst -- as the original post states - -that's easy -- RICHARDS going down.

the best -- hard to say -- I think we had SEVERAL and a few I cannot pinpoint the exact dates/ game but as Casey Stengel used to say 'you could look it up'

-- the 2014 start sometime in April, perhaps May -- where it became apparent that Garrett Richards was stepping up to be a bona-fide rotation guy and a legitimate candidate for the All Star game. Not sure which start it was but I am confident looking back you can pinpoint the start where everyone said: Garrett Richards has arrived as an MLB starter and near ace quality.

--the 2014 start sometime in August where it became apparent that Shoemaker was going to step up and pick up where Garret Richards left off filling a HUGE void in the Angels rotation.

--the acquisition of Hutson Street (and the deletion of Frieri from the roster).  Once the pen got solidified with a reliable closer it stabilized the entire pen, allowed Smith to become a set up guy, made Morin and Jepsen better and even Grilli came over and initially had some quality outings. Plus we were no longer plagued by Frieri's poor performance which just killed us in June/ July.

-- MAJOR OFFENSIVE MOMENT -- the insertion of Kole Calhoun in the lead-off spot sometime in mid-July/ August -- that move (and the acquisition of Street) seemed to combine to provide the team chemistry in the line up that was previously missing.......everyone seemed to play and hit better after Calhoun assumed the lead off spot in mid July/ August.

-- MAJOR OFFENSIVE MOMENT -- the insertion of Kole Calhoun in the lead-off spot sometime in mid-July/ August -- that move (and the acquisition of Street) seemed to combine to provide the team chemistry in the line up that was previously missing.......everyone seemed to play and hit better after Calhoun assumed the lead off spot in mid July/ August.

Calhoun started the season as the leadoff batter. He only lost the spot being on the DL from April 15th through May 21st. From June 1st on he has been the leadoff except for rest days. He started out of leadoff role only 9 times the entire season, not once after June 1st.

Best and Worst games both come from Oakland. I think the worst being the game we lost that Richards got lit up early. Best being the game Trout hit a hr off Chavez and we left Oakland with like a 1 or 1/2 game lead but a ton of confidence that led to us going on a tear for the division

Edited by SoCALkid