• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best and worst Angels' moment of 2014

gurn67

For me, the best was the dual bow and arrow show from Pujols and Trout.

The worst, without a doubt, Richards going down like he's been shot.

These for me as well...

The "Bow and Arrow" game showed a swagger confidence to these guys that I hadn't seen for a while and it was the first time this season I thought the team might special. 

Skaggs going down sucked due to his potential and age but losing Richards to something so freakish was a body-blow and credit goes to Mike and the team for keeping it together, even oing on a roll afterwards.

The sweep of the A's at the end of August changed the whole momentum of the season.

Yeah, that entire 4-game series that we swept was my favorite of the season. 

Richards injury was awful, as was the opening three games against the Mariners at home (0-3).

Fav moment of the games I attended: The "bullpen game" against the A's that everyone just assumed we were going to lose. there were a million A's fans in our section and winning was such sweet victory. 

Fav moment in general: Being at a Lionel Ritchie concert while my team was facing Chris Sale and just kind of hoping they didn't get embarrassed - going to the bathroom halfway through the show just to check gameday on my phone and seeing bases loaded, Trout up with a full count, then "in play, runs". I think I then proceeded to run around drunkenly celebrating with strangers and showing them the video of the grand slam. They didn't care but it was glorious. And Lionel Ritchie was singing Dancing on the Ceiling. 

Honorable mentions: Pujols hitting homeruns 499 and 500 in the same game, Richards' first complete game, beating Greinke and hitting Kershaw pretty hard in LA, and finally, of course, winning the division by a landslide while Oakland burned.

Worst moments: watching Richards go down and feeling like the world was over, the opening series sweep by the Mariners and feeling like the world was over, finding out that the Angels are the ONLY AL West team NOT coming to play here at Petco Park next season. Seriously the worst f-ing luck with the schedule. 

Edited by JeanneusP