• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

People here seem to be forgetting something about Jeter...

QuinlansMinion

That he was actually a great player.  This was a guy who routinely hit over .320 and played great defense at a premium position.  He was a big part of all those great Yankee lineups because he consistently provided dominant production from a position that didnt have much of it.  He also backed up his numbers in the postseason and routinely came up with clutch hits and RBI.  

I hate ESPN as much as anyone but theres no denying Jeters greatness.

That he was actually a great player.  This was a guy who routinely hit over .320 and played great defense at a premium position.  He was a big part of all those great Yankee lineups because he consistently provided dominant production from a position that didnt have much of it.  He also backed up his numbers in the postseason and routinely came up with clutch hits and RBI.  

I wouldn't say he "routinely" hit over .320. He did it 7 times in his career which is impressive, but in 18 full seasons I wouldn't really call it routine. His career AVG is well below that anyway.

Also lol @ "great defense". That's just plain wrong.

He was a great, HOF player. Definitely a top 10 at his position all time. Not really worthy of this love fest though.

Ken griffey Jr didn't get this treatment when he retired.

neither did Greg maddux. Or chipper Jones. Or frank Thomas, or Randy Johnson. Neither did John smoltz, or Rickey Henderson. Etc and on and on. All greater players than jeter.

its a circus driven by the new York obsessed media and corporate marketing departments. And all the degenerate Yankee mobs with not much else in their lives besides "jeetah"

Ken griffey Jr didn't get this treatment when he retired.

neither did Greg maddux. Or chipper Jones. Or frank Thomas, or Randy Johnson. Neither did John smoltz, or Rickey Henderson. Etc and on and on. All greater players than jeter.

its a circus driven by the new York obsessed media and corporate marketing departments. And all the degenerate Yankee mobs with not much else in their lives besides "jeetah"

None of them played for one team their whole career and won multiple championships with that team. I'll bet Kobe gets that treatment when he retires.

Edited by eaterfan

Well im not sure if youre aware of this but many of the posters here think hes overrated for some reason.  

Oh  no, that would be trerrible. I mean we've only heard about Jeter's retirement since last year and the All Star Game was played so they could talk about Jeter and ask every player how great it was for their career to play with or against or even in the same league as Jeter. And of course Trout was selfish enough to keep the All Star MVP award instead of give it to Jeter. Then there was Jeter day at Angels stadium, where they gave him a surfboard to go with the painting of a painting they gave him last year because he said he was going to retire in a year.

Yeah, we just can't ignore Jeter's accomplishments for the Yankees. Swell guy. Never got a gift basket from him but I live on the wrong coast, I guess.

None of them played for one team their whole career and won multiple championships with that team. I'll bet Kobe gets that treatment when he retires.

I'll bet he doesn't. Kobe isn't nearly as liked as the jeets

he also doesn't play in new york

even if he does, its still not the same. Kobe is one of the greatest NBA players ever. Jeter isn't even close to one of the greatest in his sport.

Edited by Hollyw00d

That's all fine and good, but meanwhile there are still players like Paul Konerko that get literally ignored.

Dude has 3461 hits.  No idea why all the hate.  **** the Yanks but he always played the game the right way and is one of the best players of this last generation.  He definitely didn't deserve all of the gold gloves but that's not a reason to hate him.  Nobody was bitching when Bartolo got a Cy that he didn't deserve.

Oh  no, that would be trerrible. I mean we've only heard about Jeter's retirement since last year and the All Star Game was played so they could talk about Jeter and ask every player how great it was for their career to play with or against or even in the same league as Jeter. And of course Trout was selfish enough to keep the All Star MVP award instead of give it to Jeter. Then there was Jeter day at Angels stadium, where they gave him a surfboard to go with the painting of a painting they gave him last year because he said he was going to retire in a year.

Yeah, we just can't ignore Jeter's accomplishments for the Yankees. Swell guy. Never got a gift basket from him but I live on the wrong coast, I guess.

Two things

1) Why does all the attention Jeter gets bother you?  Hes one of the greatest players ever (notice I said one of).  No idea why you brought up Trout and the ASG award, but alright.

2) I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.