• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

People here seem to be forgetting something about Jeter...

QuinlansMinion

It's not like Jeter doesn't enjoy getting his balls licked by the media. Of course he announces a full season in advance that he's going to retire so that he's talked about all year.

Anyone remember that playoff game against the A's where he ran down the baseball and threw it at home and Jeremy Giambi was called out even though he was safe? The only thing the media wanted to focus on was Jeter making this magical play even though the ump got it wrong. Somehow the media twisted it in jeter's favor and put the blame on Giambi because he didn't slide lol.

Anyways congrats to Jeter on a solid career and for getting a walk off hit in a meaningless game.

I don't know,. I like Jeter. I tried not to because he a Skankee, but the dude is a clas act. And quite frankly, he has has some impact on how Trout plays, with class. If Jeter is Trouts hero, and Trout plays with the same respect, determination and hard work for the Angels because of Jeters inspiration ( at least in part, I realize Trouts parents have huge impact), then I'll even love Jeter for it.

I don't know,. I like Jeter. I tried not to because he a Skankee, but the dude is a clas act. And quite frankly, he has has some impact on how Trout plays, with class. If Jeter is Trouts hero, and Trout plays with the same respect, determination and hard work for the Angels because of Jeters inspiration ( at least in part, I realize Trouts parents have huge impact), then I'll even love Jeter for it.

I agree that Trout is a class act but I doubt that Jeter would ever get into the bow and arrow business so I put Jeter into elite status as far as class act.

I think it's all about circumstances... I don't think Junior announced prior to his last season that it was his last.  I don't think most players do that.  Jeter did it and teams and the media seized the opportunity.  There's definitely enough interest among baseball fans for something like this whether we like it or not. 

I would have liked to have seen teams recognize Konerko... funny - the Yankees were one of the few, if not the only team to actually do that.

Jeter is unique in that he spent his whole career in NY under the biggest spotlight in sports.  His being 6th all time in hits is absolutely amazing when you consider the names of people who has fewer hits than him....

What milestone exactly did Konerko hit that makes him worthy of a farewell tribute or whatever. By that logic Tim Salmon should have gotten a tribute also.

I don't know everything about Konerko's career, but he stayed with the White Sox his whole career.

Not the Yankees, the White Sox and that's kind of the point.

You can easily switch any player with Jeter and 'project' how they'll do.

Biggio, Beltre, Konerko, Garciaparra, whoever. Would Jeter do just as well playing for the Astros or White Sox his whole career?

I didn't think so.

When you play on a team that spends the most money EVERY YEAR (minus two where they were second)...that means odds are your team will win the division more years than not and you'll play in a lot of playoff games.

That's exactly what happened and where you get all the career playoff stats for Jeter....not the other four guys I listed.

He stayed in great shape and played for the right team to best accumulate his numbers.

Again, great player, great career...but typical Yankee hype.

Edited by DW711