• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Threads

Chuck

I enjoy this board, but I have no idea what's acceptable and what's not.

I know something was posted a while back about a new set of expectations or rules or something, but as far as I can tell - nothing has changed.  I'm not complaining mind you because I have the option to ignore what I want to.  I just really don't know what you can or can't do.

I don't get the "I need a warning", there are multiple ones posted and even a sticky at the top....hell, this thread is one.

Things have improved here, but you're always going to get both extreme sides of nutswingers and failos......I find both to be annoying. What I see and think with wanting to institute new rules is maybe some posters have rose colored glasses, but you see a semblance of rational behavior or ability to conversate/debate with others. A contingent of failos simply come here to clutter the board and offer no real discussion points, care to conversate with others, or offer no value with their whining or no solutions....not to mention the ones that seem to be stuck on a particular topic or issue much like R. Munkee.....we have a couple more of those now instead of one person that would take threads off the rails and somehow turn a Sosh or playoff clincher into a Vlad rant.

I get it, I really do, that some need some sort of outlet so they don't punch walls, their significant others, or go on some drug binge because someone gave up a homerun or hit into a double play, but there is a lack of consideration for the entire community. No one likes to be behind the lady with a million coupons and writing a check for groceries, or the guy at the bar that won't shut up about how his wife bangs the babysitter, or be around "that guy" that only cares about pointing out flaws and mistakes because they have personal issues and it makes them feel better.

The website thrived during ineptitude and there were great talking points and discussion about the bad and how to change that, solutions, or what the team could do to fix problems. That's been lost as the site got bigger and social media became a larger outlet. The purpose of the thread and new set of rules are for people to be mindful that others, of all type and background, are here and have to see whatever is posted whether they like it or not (I'm sure Shoemakers dad wanted to follow along with the game opposed to hearing something like "Shoe must have been giving Sosh a handy last night because his arm is worn out" or whatever the neanderthals post in there) and it's not fair to the larger mass to have a few bad apples shit on everyone's threads.

1. I'd be mad if it were little kids, but I'd still see the criticism as an opportunity to build my son's resiliency. If my grown son was upset, I would not be sympathetic towards him.

Well, if that's how you choose to be a parent, that's fine. Most parents want their children to be happy and succeed and not insulted over minor failures. Doesn't matter how old they are. Your child is your child.

2. The only solution to your problem would be to stop criticism. Is that what we want?

And this is the problem most people here have (including myself sometimes): we don't know the difference between "criticism" and "insulting". Telling someone they suck is not criticism. It's an insult and a personal attack on their character. It may not be meant that way but it's certainly understandable if its taken that way. Telling someone that their PERFORMANCE sucked, is not an insult and is a criticism. Granted, it could be put more constructively but it isn't a direct insult to their character. "Hamilton sucked tonight" is a different statement than "Hamilton sucks". The reasons being that one is a statement based on their performance in a specific period of time, and the other is a general statement. I don't think saying "so-and-so sucks" will be a heavily moderated comment but it's the type of comment that will end up being scrutinized more.

3. Do you want to cater to the players and management or to the fans?

The relationships that AW has built over the years with the players and management are very much done for the fans. This is not a propaganda site, and it never will be. Angelswin gets first-hand interviews with players and personnel as well as insider information no one else can provide. This is done for the fans. If the fans only want a site where anything goes and they can say whatever they want with 0 consequences then that's fine. But they aren't going to get the exclusive content that this site provides by the means of interviews, press releases, fanfest events, etc... because no one will want to give that to us.

No one wants some nutswingers website, this place would be boring if everyone agreed and only spoke of positives. Just be respectful that your opinion isn't the only one that matters so be mindful of others that visit the site and have to come across whatever you post. People should know if they are out of line talking about Hamilton in every thread or the type of language they are using when posting.

I don't get why some think that every time this topic comes up that everyone is against criticism of the team, players, etc.

Just don't be an annoying asshole.

What's not to get about being mature and respectful?

Someone saying they need a warning to act a fool seems rather ridiculous.

The fact that a warning is so foreign to you is surprising. How many online forums besides this one do you participate in? Because in my experience this is an extremely loose forum. More moderated forums operate in a generally uniform fashion. 

As I posted above, if it's questionable, I think a singular warning is appropriate.

Don't get me wrong. Blatant violations deserve no warning, but I think common sense should be used in all cases.

Unless you're down to just start banning people for any and all offenses. Ten people would be gone after the next GDT. 

As I posted above, if it's questionable, I think a singular warning is appropriate.

Don't get me wrong. Blatant violations deserve no warning, but I think common sense should be used in all cases.

This is exactly what is happening. Not sure why you think otherwise.

I enjoy this board, but I have no idea what's acceptable and what's not.

I know something was posted a while back about a new set of expectations or rules or something, but as far as I can tell - nothing has changed.  I'm not complaining mind you because I have the option to ignore what I want to.  I just really don't know what you can or can't do.

TG, it has changed with the exception of the Gameday Threads for the most part. These were unmoderated threads and the kids spewed their potty mouths and personal attacks, all hiding behind their monitors and not a care if someone from the team, players or family of the players/team was reading. 

That will change going forward. 

Venting Defined: DAMNIT, #!@$(&, THAT SUCKS ASS, Hamilton is sucking, LOL at this pitching staff today, Fire Disarcina, Typical Kendick with RISP, The offense has been crap today, what's going on with <insert players name here>, screw this, I'm out! 

Ban-able Offense Defined: Josh Hamilton is a drug addict, I want to punch Pujols in the face, <insert player's or anyone on the team's name here> wife, mom or dad is FAT... Or if you're bringing nothing but negativity & bitching to a thread (basically trolling), you will be banned for the remainder of the game. Just use common sense guys, act as if you were in the same room as these players. I'm sure they don't mind venting your frustrations, but personal attacks crosses the line. 

The fact that a warning is so foreign to you is surprising. How many online forums besides this one do you participate in? Because in my experience this is an extremely loose forum. More moderated forums operate in a generally uniform fashion. 

Unless you're down to just start banning people for any and all offenses. Ten people would be gone after the next GDT. 

This isn't Aushwitz and websites shouldn't require a manual.

If you think it's out of line, it probably is. If it's questionable, you're probably fine.

I've been around for 10 years and only have seen asshats and constant problems banned. If you're not a problem child you shouldn't have to worry about warnings or bans.

This isn't Aushwitz and websites shouldn't require a manual.

If you think it's out of line, it probably is. If it's questionable, you're probably fine.

I've been around for 10 years and only have seen asshats and constant problems banned. If you're not a problem child you shouldn't have to worry about warnings or bans.

Thank you sir   :D