• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Consecutive home wins

The ten games they have won is probably the "home winning" streak record or ties it.  The Angels had one 11 game win streak in 1964 and three 10 game winning streaks in 1979, 1997 and 2002. In the Angels Information Guide there is a 12 game Consecutive Games Won, Home listing for 1967 (July4 -August 4). 

Edited by LAAMike

I looked up the 1967 streak and we did win 12 consecutive home games - 2 against the Red Sox, 4 against the A's, 2 against the White Sox, 3 against the Twins and 1 against the Senators.  This streak was broken up by two road trips where we won three and lost four and where we won three and lost six.  Obviously I like our overall streak now much better. 

What is the team record? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. We have won 21 of our last 24, the best stretch in team history.

... and gained a grand total of 2 games on Oakland. F'n Oakland.

Edited by ScottLux

What is the team record? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. We have won 21 of our last 24, the best stretch in team history.

Interesting, that's the same run we went on in 2002 after we started the season 6-14. Of course, that stretch was total games, home AND away.

We had a record of 27-17 when that stretch was finally over.

Edited by fan_since79

This season reminds me very much of 2002:

The angels having:

a gritty centerfielder...

a tall white guy with a long swing at 3B... 

a fiery shortstop...

a token impostor...

...and Sosh at the helm.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you 2002 redux.

(minus hotfoot of course)