• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Nice recap, Bob.

The true test will be tomorrow and/or Saturday. Will we blow a 3-2 lead for the 3rd straight year? I pray to all the Gods that this is done tomorrow night. I can't take another game 7 at home. I'm banning myself from the game if it happens. I'll leave the damn state if I have to.

Thanks Cory.  I really hope the next game at Honda Center is Wednesday June 3rd.  Poor NBC if that is the case  :D

need wiz in there for more than just beauch too, we need to liven things up a bit with a dman who can slap the shit out of the puck from the point. they know our game, let's mix it up game 6 and ****ing do it. 

Ummm... didn't Fowler and Vatanen do that last night?

This thread is more pathetic than entertaining. I get the rollercoaster ride. But the constant negativity from VLL is just pathetic. Do you actually call yourself a fan of the Ducks? Your game day posts are straight trolling. I don't know how you live with yourself. I'd be embarrassed to show my face in public to other Ducks fans. And I'd stay the F away from this thread if I were you.

This team has won close games all season long. And they have come from behind all season long. What they have accomplished in the playoffs is no different than what they have accomplished in the regular season. This team is just different than teams of past seasons. I believe they win this series. And, like gotbeer said, if they don't, I will still hold my head up high because they went to the WCF and took the Hawks to 7. The Hawks were the faves going in once it was known that Kane was going to play. Expecting the Hawks to roll over after a 3-0 deficit in the first period is just plain ignorance. They aren't slouches and they aren't going to let a team walk all over them. Neither are the Ducks. This team hasn't lost a regulation playoff game this year. Do you realize how unique that is? Only one other team in NHL history has accomplished that. But judging by some people in this thread, you would think they were winless in regulation. I understand this sounds superfanish, but whatever. I believe in this team. If you don't believe, don't watch. Because, what the F is the point?

I'll be the first to admit that I absolutely blew a fuse last night on Twitter. I went full retard. Never go full retard. That 2nd period was absolute shit. Then the back to back Toews goals just sent me into a fury. Clearly overreacted. The past 2 seasons have been such a punch to the gut that seeing a 4-2 lead blown in 5 minutes was like having war flashbacks. This team does look different than the past. They come right back and respond. Lets hope we finish this tomorrow.

Im sorry guys but I dont get the hold your head high mantra if we lose in this case.  Yeah taking the Hawks to 7 is not easy but how many times are we going to be happy with a hard fought 7 game series in a losing effort, from a series we should have won.  I really think this year needs to be an exception, we need to finally prove we can beat an elite team and all those people who dont respect the Ducks will finally be proven wrong.  I think we not only need to win this series but win the whole thing, if we ever want to be taken seriously.  The amount of disrespect for the Ducks this year was truly infuriating.  Nobody thought we would even get this far.  Pretty sure most of the pundits even had us losing to WIN in round 1.  

Ducks have to do this for their fans.  Tomorrow is unbelievably important.  I just really hope we win cause my nerves are going to be on edge tomorrow.  If we can pull this off no other teams fans can ever come into our building again with that cocky attitude, and we will finally get some respect. 

I'm not getting my hopes up yet. The Ducks have to show me before I believe it. Last year, Game 5 was similar, get out to a 4-1 lead, allow 2 goals but hold off the Kings 4-3 for a 3-2 series lead. Then they lost their last 2 games. If they win 1 more game, I will finally believe this team is different than other years.

The Ducks have only been to the Western Conference Finals 3 times in their history. I'd say any year they get that far is an awesome year. It's ok to have higher expectations, but to call this season a disappointment if they don't advance would be wrong in my opinion.

And Cory. I am not down on going through the wave of emotions that come with a game like yesterday. Going full retard is still bad. But getting upset or pissed off or having doubt is to be expected. But to come in here and troll the team like VLL did after Beleskey rescues our hearts from the depth of despair is just being an a$$.

Okay, VLL has been annoying me too. But don't we have better things to do right now than fight amongst ourselves? We're five wins away from winning the Cup and it's highly emotional and stressful and we all deal with it in different ways, including losing our shit when we blow a two goal lead with two minutes left. I'm not sure coming in here and saying something like "this thread is pathetic" is helpful or smart. Surely at a time like this we can put all of that petty crap aside and share this rollercoaster together?

Ummm... didn't Fowler and Vatanen do that last night?

true, but the first time it's been very successful, or even tried, all series long. i would like to see bruce encourage more of it. get bodies in front of crawford and take those shots. 

Does anyone think we should be scared of the Rangers if we play them?  I already know we would crush Tampa.

And please dont respond with "worry about Chicago first." Were not on the team.  Lets talk hockey.

No. Frankly I'm not scared of either. We'll treat them like the Kings treated them. 

No. Frankly I'm not scared of either. We'll treat them like the Kings treated them. 

True but they are probably the only other team in the playoffs that is as hungry as the Ducks for a cup.  I dont think they would take losing in back to back finals very well.  Which makes me think their speed could give us problems, aside from Lundy stealing a game or two. 

Does anyone think we should be scared of the Rangers if we play them?  I already know we would crush Tampa.

And please dont respond with "worry about Chicago first." Were not on the team.  Lets talk hockey.

I definetly would rather play Tampa if not only because of home ice

Edited by tennischmp

True but they are probably the only other team in the playoffs that is as hungry as the Ducks for a cup.  I dont think they would take losing in back to back finals very well.  Which makes me think their speed could give us problems, aside from Lundy stealing a game or two. 

Speed was supposed to give us problems from the Hawks.  I like our chances no matter who we go after in the Cup.

Being an outsider I think people sound like they are on their period like chicks during games.

Let the team play expecting a win opposed to writing them off as soon as a penalty or goal happens.

Having grown up playing the last thing any hockey player thought was the bullshit Troll Vlad posts or the knee jerks post about their opinions.

Edited by Brandon