• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GAMEDAY THREAD 5/21/14 HOU @ ANGELS

I don't understand the Aybar or Howie hate.  Aybar is not a .260 hitter.  Dude is hitting .311 with an .817 OPS over the last month.  These are comments from people who do not watch the games.  He's only hitting .260 because he started the year off cold but he's been on fire lately, why wouldn't you have him at the top of the lineup? 

I won't even address the Kendrick criticism because the dude has been arguably the best hitting 2b in baseball. Maybe Dozier but Kendrick is a close second. 

Kendrick it seems, has almost always been an early season hitter.

The ONLY criticism this lineup needs is Ibanez hitting cleanup and/or playing at all.  It blows my mind, it makes no sense, but it's what we've seen from Scioscia.  So I shouldn't be surprised.  He's done it with Finley, Abreu, Alfonzo, Wells, GMJ and every other struggling old ass veteran under the sun.  

The ONLY criticism this lineup needs is Ibanez hitting cleanup and/or playing at all.

I don't understand the Aybar or Howie hate. Aybar is not a .260 hitter. Dude is hitting .311 with an .817 OPS over the last month. These are comments from people who do not watch the games. He's only hitting .260 because he started the year off cold but he's been on fire lately, why wouldn't you have him at the top of the lineup?

I won't even address the Kendrick criticism because the dude has been arguably the best hitting 2b in baseball. Maybe Dozier but Kendrick is a close second.

THIS. So much.

Howie and Aybar are both nice players. The problem is, that they don't belong in the top of the order. Starters are often shaky with their command in the first inning, and you don't want them to get away with it by hacking them off the hook. Driving up pitch counts early in the game also puts pressure on starters and sets the tone for the game.

Howie and Aybar are not good 2 strike hitters, they swing out of the zone way too often. Howie might do well against lefties, because lefties can't throw sliders away to righties, but Aybar does not belong there in any case.