• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Since the opening 3 game sweep by the M's

Scoring by inning:

1-3:  45

4-6:  44

7-9:  39

A little less, sure, but "nonexistent" is exactly the kind of hyperbole you're defending the bullpen against.  FWIW, the same breakdown for opponents:

1-3: 28

4-6: 24

7-9: 41

Still waiting for Eric to respond to this.

Angels Bullpen has allowed 50% of inherited runners to score! Keep defending them and comparing Schuck to Carew, your insight is amazing.

Your statement I responded to was false. At least have the decency to admit you were wrong instead of pulling the , hey look over there a burning trash can!

The Shuck comparison was tongue in cheek but facts and humor seem to be lost in you.

hahaha. Eric, in this very thread you claimed that the offense goes to sleep late in games, and then you were proven wrong by the actual stats. Sounds like you were doing the very thing you're accusing others of. I mean, despite the fact the Angels lead the league in runs scored and HRs, you are trying to claim that the offense is the problem, not the bullpen.

And I love that you've held on to a single comment made by a user you don't even know on a message board from literally weeks ago.

Context, Wally. When I get a chance on a real computer rather than my phone I will have a chance to respond.

Ok, as far as the offense disappearing in the 7th - 9th inning this has occurred in 9 of the 25 games the Angels have played. That is about 36% of the time and not what I would call a consistent offense being blanked for 27 innings of play to end a series of games.

But karma is always present, the Angels had some late inning fireworks tonight to put 3 runs up in the 8th inning and this game in the win column coupled with the bullpen doing it's job and not allowing a single run, earned, allowed or otherwise.

But the bullpen is designed to be average, so you can't blame them for the team's average record. They're doing their job.

The bullpen is the weak link, with the starters and the lineup playing considerably above average, the fact that this team is still under .500 implies that the pen is absolutely NOT doing their job.