• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dragon Age: Inquisition

mulwin444

Release date just announced as Oct 7th, 2014, with Standard and Deluxe Editions now available for Pre- Order.  This one will be an interesting release as it will be 3 1/2 years since the release of Dragon Age II and 2 1/2 years since BioWare's last release Mass Effect 3.  Given the disappointment that greeted Dragon Age 2, plus the backlash BioWare received from both game's endings, they have a lot riding on this release as the success of this release could obviously impact the new Mass Effect game due to release in 2015 and the new IP they rumored to be working on.  On the positive side, they are doing their best to max out the capabilities of the Frostbite 3 engine and supposedly have "agressively studied" the Elder Scrolls series in terms of open-ended exploring.  Personally, I was never a huge fan of the Bethesda games (my favorite being Skyrim and New Vegas, which is actually an Obsidion release) but, if they can take the best parts of the Elder Scrolls series and combine it with their storytelling/voiced protagonist, this could be pretty good.

Aside from the letdown as far as the ending DAO was a lot of fun. DA2 seemed majorly rushed like they wanted to get it out quick enough to play off the success of DAO but it felt more like an expansion pack than a separate game. I have Skyrim but never really got into and wasn't that fond of the gameplay but I realize I'm in the minority. I'll have to wait and see what game play is like as far as whether or not I'll get this.

Skyrim was one of the Bethesda games I could stand...normally, they are pretty dull but I thought they did a decent job with the gameplay and graphics.  Still, I didn't get any of the expansions and have no desire to get the Legendary Edition.  With all its flaws, Dragon Age 2 was fun.  I enjoyed the characters, dialogue, and the voice protagonist/dialogue wheel they co-oped from the Mass Effect series.  There were positives but, overall, the experience and the ending was underwhelming.