• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The longest flights in world

I did #4 in August. Johannesburg to JFK, and then on to John Wayne.

Couldn't sleep, so I wandered the aisles, trying desperately to booze myself into oblivion.

On the plus side, the stewardesses were smoking hot.  They give Lufthansa and British Airways a run for their money.

I've flown nonstop from LAX to Sydney, that was a very long flight, about 14 hours, then we had a little layover. From there we flew to the Wit Summers Islands, I think that is how you spell it. From there we took a nice boat to the Hayman Island. Total travel day of about 26 hours. It was totally worth it, that is an incredible hotel. The only thing on the island is the resort and it is beautiful and you truly feel like you are totally isolated.

The longest flight I have ever been on was LAX to London Heathrow, have done it twice. A mere 11 1/2 hours. Awake for every minute of both flights, have never been able to sleep on a plane.

Given that I just got an e-mail offering me a "discounted" fare of almost $1,800 per person for the same trip, doubt that I will be making it again anytime soon. When we went in 2001 we paid $750 round trip for two people.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I've done LAX to Heathrow and LAX to Frankfurt, both weren't too bad.

The longest single trip I've taken was when I was an airline employee and was trying to non-rev to Honolulu.  I couldn't get on out of LAX so I flew non-stop LAX to Newark, slept for 3 hours, and then flew Newark to Honolulu nonstop.  That made for a long trip.  I was only in Hawaii for 2 nights too.  And then had to fly back to LA via Houston.

Good times.

10 years ago my wife and I flew LAX to Sydney, in coach. Used Qantas, which was fine since they have a screen at each seat so you can spend you time watching movies and playing Tetris. I forgot how good I am at that game, played it for a couple hours straight.  After a lot of wine and booze, I slept a good 6 hours of the flight.

I've done LAX to Heathrow and LAX to Frankfurt, both weren't too bad.

The longest single trip I've taken was when I was an airline employee and was trying to non-rev to Honolulu.  I couldn't get on out of LAX so I flew non-stop LAX to Newark, slept for 3 hours, and then flew Newark to Honolulu nonstop.  That made for a long trip.  I was only in Hawaii for 2 nights too.  And then had to fly back to LA via Houston.

Good times.

That's what you get for letting the federal gov't book your flight.