• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unofficial Pollyanna thread...

If you're adding wins for better performance against Houston, where do you account for them going 6-0 against the Tigers last year? :)

Honestly besides that, there's not much I can think of with the 2013 Angels where you say "that was a pleasant surprise." Maybe Shuck and Dane De La Rosa, neither of whom will need to have prominent roles in 2014.

So much was worse than expected in 2013 that they have to be better just by guys coming back to their norms/staying healthy.

Of course, Skaggs/Richards/Santiago are pretty much the whole enchilada as far as the key variables. If all three of those guys pitch like No 3s (3.60-4.10ish ERA), the Angels can definitely win 90+ games. That's a big if.

More likely is one will be a 3, one will be a 5 and one will be terrible.

Jeff, I'd like you to take a few moments to rethink your understanding of the phrase "Pollyanna".

Even in a 78 win season they had a winning record against every division except their own. Bring the competition back down to Earth. Win those games against them where we blew those late inning leads. 92-95 wins is not unreasonable. This is the year it all comes together. Play ball!

My Pollyanna thoughts would have to include:

1.       Frieri not throwing first pitch fastballs down the middle.

2.       Jepsen being used only when the game is out of hand.

3.       Blanton accepting a promotion to the front office.

4.       Salas making the AAA team, or not.

5.       Ibanez being a game changer, in a good way.  

6.       Burnett being completely healthy for the season.

7.       The 2010 Hamilton showing himself, and as he goes, so does Albert.

8.       Jimenez getting much playing time as a valued late inning defensive replacement.

9.       Weeding out the bullpen crap early giving them a chance to come together as a solid unit.

10.   Somehow catching lightning in a bottle with a competitive rotation.

Defense!...Defense!...Defense!

After most of these events have taken place, we will be enjoying mid Oct baseball again. Book it!  

-Mike Trout will have the best season of his career and win the MVP. I predict a slash line of:

.336/.422/.584 with 32 HR and 46 SB.

-Pujols will win Comeback POTY. I predict a slash line of:

.301/.372/.529 with 33 HR and 108 RBI.

-Weaver and Wilson will both pitch 200+ innings, win 16+ games, and have ERA's below 3.50

-Hamilton will finish with 25+ HR and an OPS above .800.

-Skaggs will break out a la Gio Gonzalez in 2010.

-The bullpen will be the Angels best asset.