• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Pitching: Fixed? Being Fixed Properly? Being Overlooked?

Eric

With less than 2 weeks left in the year, have the Angels done enough to address their pitching needs?

We all seemed to be in agreement heading into this off-season that pitching was the Angels number one item in need of addressing this off-season.

So, have the Angels done enough in that regard? Are the pieces they need just not there this off-season? Is there more that needs to be done?

What's your take on this, Angelswin?

Tanaka is the absolute best fit, but if he is not posted the Angels are forced to overpay for a lower level pitcher. I'm fine with getting Garza, but I have a feeling that if Tanaka isn't posted his price is going to become absurd. I hope Arte isn't willing to overpay on Garza but I get the feeling he will.

Part of me would be fine with Santiago as the number 3. But I would like the Angels to trade Aybar for another young pitcher if that ends up being the case. If they aren't going to have sure-fire guys in the rotation then they might as well get as much young pitching with upside as they possibly can.

As for the pen, I would be fine if the Angels added another piece. I mean they have some decent depth there now which is good, but having another veteran couldn't hurt.

Ultimately, if Tanaka isn't posted, the Angels need to be smart and not panic. Garza is not the type of guy you overpay in a panic move.

Tell ya in September. I think the Angels are on the right track. I am willing to not sign Garza to the wrong contract and go with what we have or add another piece like Maholm. I think at this point we need to not make any more big contract mistakes even if it means we don't get the gem pitching acquisition.

Tanaka would be incredible. I think the chances are slim but he's the one guy you give a big contract too. 

If that doesn't happen, sign 2 of Niemann, Maholm, Capuano, Hammel, Slowey and Baker and create some options with your starting pitching. Injuries will happen so it would be nice to be able to call up Skaggs to start and use one of those guys we sign.