• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#%^*!

My wife and I are supposed to leave for a week trip to Ireland. The problem is I think my wife got the flue. She was sick yesterday and much worse today. She can't keep anything down. Her body aches and she has the runs. Have you guys ever dealt with cancelling flights and hotels right before a trip. I think we are going to lose a lot of money on this.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. As a moderate traveller, I thank you for not forcing the trip and possibly subjecting the other people on the plane to the flu.

I hope your wife is feeling better today and that there is still an option to travel. If you do go to the doc, make sure to get a prescription for heavy cough syrup. It will really help on the long flight. No joke.

It is not the flu. The flu is respiratory. She probably has some type of gastrointestinal virus. Take some anti diarrhea pills to help with the runs...... My advice would be to stay away from her for 24 hours from when fever and vomiting is done. Stuff is pretty contagious. Could make a long flight for you.

Well she woke up much more sick today. I didn't even realise that I purchased insurance for the flight. It was 1700 for both of us to fly and we got a 1500 dollar credit. We got our hotel refunded except for the first day. The tours we had scheduled would not refund our money but they gave us credit for future use. It looks like we will revisit in june.

My Welsh friends told me that some doctors in the UK actually advise their patients to drink a pint of Guinness due to the iron content.

That was my Grandfather's favorite excuse. "Oim feelin a wee bit aenemic"

Of course it helped that one of his Sons (Uncle Eamon) was VP at St James Gate from 1950-75...

My Welsh friends told me that some doctors in the UK actually advise their patients to drink a pint of Guinness due to the iron content.

That's actually true.

I can't remember if it was iron, but there was something good in it. It is advised much like a glads of red wine a day.

My wife and I are supposed to leave for a week trip to Ireland. The problem is I think my wife got the flue. She was sick yesterday and much worse today.

You should call a chimney sweep to get her out of the flue and I'm sure she will feel much better before the flight.

My wife still is not better. When things looked like it would be going well she got much much worse. Took her to the ER yesterday around noon and I just got back from the ER with her. Turns out she has Salmonella. This wasn't quite the spring break we had planned.

Yea I guess I can avoid details lol. She had to go back to the ER today. They are keeping her overnight. They kicked me out of the hospital, nothing more frustrating than not being able to be there for her right now.

Brutal. I pray she's alright.