• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick

LAAMike

Howie.png

By Robert Cunningham - AngelsWin.com Staff Writer

2013 Outlook: Batting Title? Nah, it just doesn't seem like it will ever happen for Howie. However, Kendrick does bring a valuable home-grown talent to second base that goes unappreciated at times. Although Howie isn't a Cano or Kinsler type at the position he does bring steady value with his bat and ability to make contact with the ball while playing above average defense at the keystone.

Kendrick should do well hitting in the 6 or 7-hole a majority of the time. We may also see him spend time in the 2-hole as well based on match ups against specific opponents/pitchers that he peforms well against.

Howie hits both left and right handed pitchers (similar to Pujols) equally well so he gives Scioscia the ability to insert him in between hitters who have a more pronounced platoon split (such as Alberto Callaspo). Additionally with the variety of superstar hitters in the lineup, Kendrick should be "un-stressed" enough to add value with his bat and ability to square up the baseball.

Finally it should be noted that Kendrick had off-season elbow sugery that apparently he played through during part of the season last year. This may have led to a bit of a power outage on his part (although he was never a big power threat) so it wouldn't be surprising to see him power some more balls to the alley's and even pop a few more HR's over the fence this season. Health seems to be a recurring issue this season for many of our starters!

HowieK.pngi23VGz7qXjE

View the full article

He didn't do a lot of that in 2011. You might want to actually cheer on the team you root for instead of expecting the worst in all things.

Serious? I love the Angels as much as anyone. Only difference is that I don't like to make excuses for people not doing their jobs. Some people like to look at everything through rosy Angels red glasses...I get it. I like some accountability for players and coaches that aren't doing their jobs very well.

It depends on what you mean by "breakout year". It's certainly possible he could have another year like 2011 which would be great, but if you are saying he will just magically "figure it out" and become the hitter we all hoped he would be after 3000+ PA's, then I sincerely doubt that will happen. Howie is what he is; an above average second baseman with a good glove and a solid bat.

If you talked as much crap about VDN as you do Sosh, I'd believe that statement

I want VDN to be fired almost as bad as Sosh.

I can stomach VDN more because unlike Sosh...He's been able to take his stacked roster to the playoffs the last two years.

You see the difference?

I want VDN to be fired almost as bad as Sosh.

I can stomach VDN more because unlike Sosh...He's been able to take his stacked roster to the playoffs the last two years.

You see the difference?

16 teams get to the playoffs in the NBA

10 in MLB.

Angels would have made the playoffs last year if 16 baseball teams made it.

So, no, I can't see the difference.

Expectations can be such a bitch.  That said, I expect a bump in power from Howard this year.   If he can get back to 2011 power, great.  

Scott, I love the picture! I can't believe you still have that one.  :D

I have it somewhere on my backup hard drive.

16 teams get to the playoffs in the NBA

10 in MLB.

Angels would have made the playoffs last year if 16 baseball teams made it.

So, no, I can't see the difference.

The Clippers finished 5th last year in the West. They'll probably finish 3rd this year. I wish Scioscia could've finished 5th in the AL last year (would've meant wild card), and I have serious doubts that he's going to finish 3rd in the AL this year. We'll see.

Serious? I love the Angels as much as anyone. Only difference is that I don't like to make excuses for people not doing their jobs. Some people like to look at everything through rosy Angels red glasses...I get it. I like some accountability for players and coaches that aren't doing their jobs very well.

Um. We all call out the manager, coaches and players at times, but you're constantly posting the same garbage about Butcher, Scioscia and some players that have ruffled your feathers. I made a vow to the board this year that I will not tolerate constant trolling from members about a certain individual on the Angels. We banned a guy named R. Munkee because of his hate for Vladimir Guerrero. I dealt with it for about a year or so and after several warnings (like you've received) he was finally gone.

Moral of the story, you're on thin ice so don't push your luck here. I don't mind a boo here or a damn there from you, but I don't need you thread-jacking or creating with posts of your hate agenda toward these individuals you've zeroed in on the past year. 

I say no more. 

The Clippers finished 5th last year in the West. They'll probably finish 3rd this year. I wish Scioscia could've finished 5th in the AL last year (would've meant wild card), and I have serious doubts that he's going to finish 3rd in the AL this year. We'll see.

Comparing the two sports is ridiculous.