• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick

LAAMike

And BTW, nothing personal against you Lifetime, but you have a hard time admitting your wrong. Even now you still can't admit you were wrong when you used to say Hatcher shouldn't be fired. Clearly he should've been fired as proven by the Angels recovering from that awful offensive start (under Hatchet) to being the best offensive team then on under Eppard. I expect you won't admit you're wrong on Butcher if Santana has a phenomenal year, and Vargas/Hanson/Blanton all tank. BTW, I'm very tired right now so I think I'm just going to stop arguing and typing up responses and I'll probably just go to bed right now. I'm going to the Ducks game tomorrow I'll be rocking my Ryan Getzlaf captain jersey who just signed an 8 year contract. I'm PUMPED. GO DUCKS. I'm expecting to see a couple goals from our newly signed captain. Hoping to see the Finnish Flash (Teemu) maybe get an autograph from the legend :D  :) . Hoping Palms is back from his injury!

P.S. You guys should've seen me tonight at my hockey game. Guess who scored two goals? This guy write here ;) . Sweet dreams everyone! And dream of the Ducks winning another game!

no I don't.

Just wanted to add that Howie is always smiling, so he's probably not mad or angry.

Zactly.... Howie's gonna be Howie; He always hits well in ST and settles into a .285-type season with 10-20 hrs, and 60 or so rbi... Reminds me of Garret Anderson: consistent.

This year, however, he'll be swinging in front of Pujols and Hamilton.  He will see lots of hittable pitches.  Expecting an up-surge this season...

And BTW, nothing personal against you Lifetime, but you have a hard time admitting your wrong. Even now you still can't admit you were wrong when you used to say Hatcher shouldn't be fired. Clearly he should've been fired as proven by the Angels recovering from that awful offensive start (under Hatchet) to being the best offensive team then on under Eppard. I expect you won't admit you're wrong on Butcher if Santana has a phenomenal year, and Vargas/Hanson/Blanton all tank. BTW, I'm very tired right now so I think I'm just going to stop arguing and typing up responses and I'll probably just go to bed right now. I'm going to the Ducks game tomorrow I'll be rocking my Ryan Getzlaf captain jersey who just signed an 8 year contract. I'm PUMPED. GO DUCKS. I'm expecting to see a couple goals from our newly signed captain. Hoping to see the Finnish Flash (Teemu) maybe get an autograph from the legend :D  :) . Hoping Palms is back from his injury!

P.S. You guys should've seen me tonight at my hockey game. Guess who scored two goals? This guy write here ;) . Sweet dreams everyone! And dream of the Ducks winning another game!

Go, Kings, Go!

and... this guy rite here had 2G,2A last game playing defense...j/k nice game; win?

Zactly.... Howie's gonna be Howie; He always hits well in ST and settles into a .285-type season with 10-20 hrs, and 60 or so rbi... Reminds me of Garret Anderson: consistent.

This year, however, he'll be swinging in front of Pujols and Hamilton.  He will see lots of hittable pitches.  Expecting an up-surge this season...

I don't think the Angels have announced their 2-hole hitter yet. Honestly I'd rather go with Aybar there over Howie, but prefer Callaspo.

Go, Kings, Go!

and... this guy rite here had 2G,2A last game playing defense...j/k nice game; win?

Go, Kings, Go!

Nice! I can't play defense because I can't skate very well.

This is my second season playing, but I've got pretty good hands. I definitely need to work on my neutral zone play, LOL

And yeah, we won! I almost got thrown out of the league though because I tried to start a fight lmao.

I was for the firing of Hatcher and I wouldn't be opposed to Butcher being fired, but neither of those things you mentioned prove anything.

This is my second season playing, but I've got pretty good hands. I definitely need to work on my neutral zone play, LOL

And yeah, we won! I almost got thrown out of the league though because I tried to start a fight lmao.

i'm seeing a pattern

Ha!   We get 2 games for involvement in a fight, and season-suspension for 2nd fight... I'm working on my Lady Byng acceptance speech now..

Was the other player wearing a Mike Scioscia hockey jersey?

Meh, all I ever wanted from Kendrick was not to be the Johnny Ray, empty average, no glove, clone I thought he would be.  Offensively, he's been very similar.... Defensively, he's been a world better.  Kendrick's been an upgrade from the guy he was supposed to replace (AK).  He will likely outperform his contract and has to be considered one of the success stories from the crop of Angels minor leaguers that came up together last decade.

If he can go on to be a 3 WAR type player the next three years he will have lived up to my expectations.  He will likely end up the second best 2B in Angels history behind Bobby Grich (who should be a HOFer), and yet people will likely still consider him a disappointment because someone once said he was a future batting champion.

GA was supposed to win a batting title too.  STATS Inc once said of Emdonds and Salmon that both should win an MVP.   Disappointments, all of them..

Someone always predicts a breakout campaign from Kendrick every year.  When can we just accept him for what he is as a player?  He's a good bottom of the order hitter that's going to give you .285 10-15 HR and 10-15 SB with average defense.  He's not a superstar, he has a tendency to hit hard one hop ground balls right to the SS and 3B and he isn't great at the top of the lineup, but he's still incredibly useful.

He's a good starting 2B. 

Meh, all I ever wanted from Kendrick was not to be the Johnny Ray, empty average, no glove, clone I thought he would be.  Offensively, he's been very similar.... Defensively, he's been a world better.  Kendrick's been an upgrade from the guy he was supposed to replace (AK).  He will likely outperform his contract and has to be considered one of the success stories from the crop of Angels minor leaguers that came up together last decade.

If he can go on to be a 3 WAR type player the next three years he will have lived up to my expectations.  He will likely end up the second best 2B in Angels history behind Bobby Grich (who should be a HOFer), and yet people will likely still consider him a disappointment because someone once said he was a future batting champion.

GA was supposed to win a batting title too.  STATS Inc once said of Emdonds and Salmon that both should win an MVP.   Disappointments, all of them..

Good post IP. I think Howie's stats and a lot of our perceptions of him being a future batting champ have really diminished him as a player, but as you said, he's been pretty good since he was named the starter. 

Howie is the type of person who is easy to root on and hope the best for. Yeah, the dp's and the low and away pitches drive me nuts at times, but the man is a quality person, he is a man of excellent character, a good teammate, and he is loyal to the organization and good to all of us fans. He is not associated with scandal and is a good role model. That is important and rates high in my book. At 30+ I am not sure what a breakout season would be, but providing solid, steady play with a return to having doubles power through the power alleys would be great.

Howie is the type of person who is easy to root on and hope the best for. Yeah, the dp's and the low and away pitches drive me nuts at times, but the man is a quality person, he is a man of excellent character, a good teammate, and he is loyal to the organization and good to all of us fans. He is not associated with scandal and is a good role model. That is important and rates high in my book. At 30+ I am not sure what a breakout season would be, but providing solid, steady play with a return to having doubles power through the power alleys would be great.

Well said Ed.  "Expecting" someone to win a batting title is silly.  That's an expectation that shouldn't be placed on any player.  Howie does his share each year.

Meh, all I ever wanted from Kendrick was not to be the Johnny Ray, empty average, no glove, clone I thought he would be. Offensively, he's been very similar.... Defensively, he's been a world better. Kendrick's been an upgrade from the guy he was supposed to replace (AK). He will likely outperform his contract and has to be considered one of the success stories from the crop of Angels minor leaguers that came up together last decade.

If he can go on to be a 3 WAR type player the next three years he will have lived up to my expectations. He will likely end up the second best 2B in Angels history behind Bobby Grich (who should be a HOFer), and yet people will likely still consider him a disappointment because someone once said he was a future batting champion.

GA was supposed to win a batting title too. STATS Inc once said of Emdonds and Salmon that both should win an MVP. Disappointments, all of them..

exactly which has been basically my argument in support of Kendrick when the annual and inevitable Howie has been a disappointment threads come around.

With this his eighth Spring Training, it is obvious that Howie likes Spring Training.  This year with about a third of his usual AB's and GP, he has an average .141 higher than his best, a 1.000 slugging pct and a 1.524 OPS.  I really like his only 1 SO so far.  Keep it up, Howie.

I just came to the realization that his approach, which is hit the ball hard from right centerfield gap to left centerfield gap is what causes him to go after that pitch down and away. Think about it, if he hits that pitch its going to RF. That always seems to be his approach, hit the ball hard to right, unless it's middle in.