• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Yep, the number of 3s taken so far is ridiculous.

His minutes are down a little.   But the talk of benching him for the 2nd of back-to-back nights is yet to be seen. 

It's still a lot of minutes for a 37 year-old who's only played half of a season over the past 2 seasons. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I've seen Kobe be a facilitator in the past. He went through a stretch a few years ago where he tried to get double digit assists for about 6 or 7 games. Then went back to being Kobe. I'd like for old man Kobe to become more of a facilitator.

I also wonder if some of us would feel this way about Kobe if we didn't watch Magic do it "the right way" when it came to knowing his role and making the most of it.

Kobe needs to pass the ball. Last game, I watched him get the ball on the inbound, walk it all the way down court, and shoot with about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. He didn't even pretend that he was going to pass it. Didn't even look at another teammate. He does that regularly. It has to make the other four guys try to figure out why they're even out there. I think Byron Scott needs to limit his minutes even more than he is currently. One of the problems is that Byron was still on the team during Kobe's rookie season. I think Byron and Kobe's relationship is more peer-to-peer than it is coach/player. Of course, this is only my speculation, but something definitely isn't working.

You guys act like the Lakers would be so much better if Kobe shoots 3-4 fewer times a game or something...

They're the worst team in the West with or without Kobe....

Just try to enjoy his last season as much as you can. I grew up with him. I'm not going complain 24/7 in his more than likely final season.

You think Yankees fans bitched about Jeter's struggles 24/7 in his final season?

Edited by Poozy

Kobe needs to pass the ball. Last game, I watched him get the ball on the inbound, walk it all the way down court, and shoot with about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. He didn't even pretend that he was going to pass it. Didn't even look at another teammate. He does that regularly. It has to make the other four guys try to figure out why they're even out there. I think Byron Scott needs to limit his minutes even more than he is currently. One of the problems is that Byron was still on the team during Kobe's rookie season. I think Byron and Kobe's relationship is more peer-to-peer than it is coach/player. Of course, this is only my speculation, but something definitely isn't working.

Even without Kobe, it's all iso ball or 3 point chucking.

There's no off the ball movement with Byron Scott.

To be fair though, basketball first and foremost nowadays starts with having a really good backcourt.

Russell at 19 as an NBA PG is different from a NBA frontcourt player being 19.

On the Kobe subject, I am going to enjoy thinking back on his career for many years.   However, he eventually needs to phase out shooting the ball so much, so that others can grow into the offense.   And if that means another top 3 draft pick, THEN they can select the best available post player and then hopefully sign Durant. 

Even without Kobe, it's all iso ball or 3 point chucking.

There's no off the ball movement with Byron Scott.

Last night, three possessions in a row, Nick Young gets the first pass from the point guard, dribbles a couple of times and then chucks up a 3-pointer that barely hits the rim. Surprisingly, it was about this time that the Heat started pulling ahead. It's tough to watch.

Okafor is 19 years old. So is Porzingas.

I know nobody will admit for 2-3 years but the lakers 100% !@#$ed up that pick in historic fashion.

My brother was just saying this a couple of days ago. I also think it might have been a mistake. We should know after another month or so. If DR doesn't start looking better, it could spell lights out for this organization for many years to come.

My brother was just saying this a couple of days ago. I also think it might have been a mistake. We should know after another month or so. If DR doesn't start looking better, it could spell lights out for this organization for many years to come.

Someone bookmark this...

Maybe not, but all of the players picked around him have been doing much better

At this point, it looks like a serious reach

Big men have a distinct advantage because they are around the rim and can get rebounds and putbacks to make their stats not look so terrible. If you compare him to other rookie guards in the league picked around him like Mudiay and Hezonja, Russell's numbers are equal or better.

I was at last nights game. I didn't know how to feel since I'm all for the tank.

Was pissed that Russell didn't play any of the 4th. **** byron scott.

I was there as well. I thought since the team was winning I understood why Russel sat. My issue is in games where you are down you might as well put Russel in in the fourth to gain the experience.