• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Couldn't believe the comeback by our boys IN San Antonio last night.  Sure, they were without Lamarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard, but they are a playoff contender and we were without Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart.  To get the W at their place while coming back from 17 down, that is impressive.  Lonzo and Julius were amazing, but we also got great support from IT, Kuzma, KCP, Lopez and the recently signed Matt Wear.  Looking forward to another matchup vs. Portland Monday night.

The Lakers pummeled the Cavs tonight behind a huge game from JR, and nice complimentary games from I. Thomas, Lopez (who I'd like to sign to the room exception this summer), and KCP (who I'd like to sign to the midlevel exception this summer) after we sign Lebron and PG13.  Draft Aaron Holiday with the 2nd round pick.

Ball...George...Ingram...Lebron...Randle

Holiday...Hart...KCP...Kuzma...Lopez

2 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Luke said to Randle during a time-out yesterday that he was the best one-on-one defender in the league.  An argument could be made for sure, but I think what Luke meant was Randle's ability to switch and guard various positions on the floor.

I think it’s more of a motivational tactic to instill confidence in Randle’s head on the player he could be if he keeps his mind focused.

If Randle finishes the season out anywhere close to what he's been doing lately it could throw a wrench in the Lakers plans but it's a good problem to have.  They can match any offer he gets but if some team like Dallas throws a big contract at him that means the Lakers likely have one max contract to give.  If they do that it's because they believe he's a guy that will be playing 30-35 minutes a game and is going to continue to get better.   

Timing is the more important issue.  The Lakers can sign 2 max deals and THEN sign Randle while going over the cap with his bird rights.  However, if a team like Dallas comes into the free agent period and day 1 offers him any deal really, I believe we then are on the clock (3 days?) to sign the FA's we desire while also trading Deng before matching his deal.  Lots of moving parts.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:28 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If Randle finishes the season out anywhere close to what he's been doing lately it could throw a wrench in the Lakers plans but it's a good problem to have.  They can match any offer he gets but if some team like Dallas throws a big contract at him that means the Lakers likely have one max contract to give.  If they do that it's because they believe he's a guy that will be playing 30-35 minutes a game and is going to continue to get better.   

From the limited time I have seen Randle, if we do not re-sign him, it will be a HUGE mistake.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3064514/julius-randle

Since the start of the season he has increased his scoring and rebounding averages every month.  Randle can be a double double guy everynight (not the IN and Out Version).  He can handle the ball, post up and has a pretty decent mid range jumper.  

He needs to be re-upped.

14 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

From the limited time I have seen Randle, if we do not re-sign him, it will be a HUGE mistake.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3064514/julius-randle

Since the start of the season he has increased his scoring and rebounding averages every month.  Randle can be a double double guy everynight (not the IN and Out Version).  He can handle the ball, post up and has a pretty decent mid range jumper.  

He needs to be re-upped.

I agree with the premise of your post, that he should be resigned. I just wanted to point out that he really has been putting up similar numbers relative to his minutes this whole season, the numbers are higher each month because his minutes are also up. 

Anyone else starting to worry more and more about Lonzo's shooting...

In the last five games has shot 14.7% from 3 (30.3% for the season), 21.4% from the floor (35.1% for the season)

Defensively he is better than I thought...

I did not watch last nights game, but judging on the stats....he makes 30% of his shots and it looks like we could have won.

This scares me moving forward.