• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Snyder

Another late round gem the Angels found. Like Zach, he was also drafted in the 23rd round. I thought he deserved to be in the Angels' Top 20 prospects on MLB.com.

He's had a nice season in High-A.

.278/.335/.497

24 HRs, 31 doubles, 5 triples, 87 RBIs, 68 runs scored, 256 total bases

I saw him when he was locked in, and it was impressive. He's an intense competitor. Doesn't give away too many ABs.

Has some pedigree as well, if that's important to you. His twin brother, Matt, is in the Yankees organization. His older brother, Brandon, is in the Red Sox organization and has had cups of coffee in MLB. And his father played in The Bigs as well.

Incidentally, because of Modesto's strange home field rules, he was denied a home run last night. He hit a ball off the batter's eye that would have traveled some 420 feet or so according to the announcer, and it went for a double.

Edited by Toby Ziegler

Snyder is a good guy. Liked interviewing him a lot both last year at Orem and this year in IE. I wish he could have stuck at 3B, as his value would be that much higher. The guy has some very impressive power, and is a bit underrated. His path to the bigs in this organization is heavily blocked right now (as is anyone at 1B). so I could see a trade for him in the future. 

I loved seeing in person that 2-5 in the IE order (Stamets, Yarbrough, Borenstein, and Snyder) this past Saytrday night, as well as the late innings combo of Bedrosian and Alvarez.

Is there no chance of Snyder ever sticking at 3B?   I love how he approaches his at bats.

Edited by Angel Oracle