• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Angels sending eight players to Arizona Fall League

Being invited is a very good sign that the organization is very high on you as a prospect. Typically each organization only sends 6 players to the AFL, so the fact that we have 8 is a good sign. Since there are limited numbers allowed, there will always be some who didn't get the invite. One such person whom I thought would get a spot was Grichuk. But, there are always reasons why some guys don't go, such as injuries, life issues, or other winter ball opportunities. Hope that helps.

"Most are Double-A and Triple-A Minor League players. Each club can opt to send two players below Double-A. Foreign players are allowed, as long as the player is not on his native country's primary protected player list.

The league is designed for these prospects to refine their skills and perform in game settings in front of major and minor league baseball scouts and team executives, who are in attendance at almost every game."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Fall_League

BTW: Last year, Assigned to Arizona Fall League:  C Carlos Ramirez, 3B Kaleb Cowart, OF Randal Grichuk, OF Travis Witherspoon, RHP Bobby Cassevah, RHP Ryan Chaffee, RHP Kevin Johnson, LHP Buddy Boshers,

I get the feeling Grichuk didn't go this year because he was on the roster last season.  I'd be surprised if he weren't invited to play Winter Ball though.  (I love watching those games btw). 

That's quite the gifted bunch, perhaps one of the most talented we've seen in a couple years.  Cron, Lindsey, Alvarez, Bedrosian and Morin all have the tool set that catches the fancy of scouts.  Hopefully the pitchers we send this year fare better than those we sent last offseason.