• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite California Bands

As for all time... The Doors, The Beach Boys, The Grateful Dead, Dick Dale and the Deltones, Jefferson Airplane (screw Jefferson Starship), Motley Crue and Metallica.

When I think of the late 80's/early 90's LA scene I think of bands like Jane's Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Then there is punk...

Oh dear lord where does one start? There's Black Flag, The Germs, X, The Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys, The Descendents, early Bad Religion, early Social Distortion and others back in the day. There was the punk revival with NOFX, Pennywise, Offspring (sorry) and of course my favorite OC punk band The Vandals. There was the whole "Nardcore Scene" with bands like Lagwagon and Ten Foot Pole up in the Ventura County area. San Diego brought out bands like Blink (before they were sued and forced to change their name to reflect the movie Turk 182) and Unwritten Law. The Bay Area has been huge with Lookout Records giving us Operation Ivy, Green Day (I'm talking Kerplunk, Sloppy Hours and yes... Dookie) and of course Rancid.

There's some local So-Cal ska (some have been mentioned) Save Ferris, No Doubt, Reel Big Fish, Buck-0-Nine...

I downright love Sublime and still listen to their albums all of the time. Brad Nowell was a genius.

The Righteous Brothers were awesome and allowed Tom Cruise to land Kelly McGillis while she was still hot.

I could keep going but it's sleepy time.

Bradley was a genius. Sublime would be my top pick if they were all still here.