• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whats up with the ads here?

The google ads follow your browsing history not the person that posts a thread.

So what would you like to confess?

Weird.

I don't look up booze, just post about it here. I use Beer Advocate frequently when I'm out, but that is just my cell.

Makes me wonder where the other ads come from.....random things insurance or some kind of online game.

Download the AdBlock Plus add-on. No more annoying ads.

Are the ads really that annoying? I can see some of those ones like that have on espn.com sometimes where it fills the entire screen, but beyond that I don't see why there being a couple ads ads on a web page is a big deal. 

It's annoying because of the exact reason Brandon created this thread. They track what you're doing online. And then try to sell you things their "expert" marketing dept. thinks will interest you. Just like TV commercials are annoying, which is why I DVR most TV programs I watch, so I can fast forward through the commercials. Everyone knows surfing the net isn't anonymous, but I don't want to be sold products everywhere I look online. This is the reason AdBlock is a necessity.

It's annoying because of the exact reason Brandon created this thread. They track what you're doing online. And then try to sell you things their "expert" marketing dept. thinks will interest you. Everyone knows surfing the net isn't anonymous, but much like with TV commercials are annoying, I don't want to be sold products everywhere I look online.

You can disable it in Google's settings.  I have actually found it helps from time to time. I've searched for things online, and forgot about it. So the personal ads have acted as reminders. 

Weird.

I don't look up booze, just post about it here. I use Beer Advocate frequently when I'm out, but that is just my cell.

Makes me wonder where the other ads come from.....random things insurance or some kind of online game.

it trippy dude. they take your history from all things google and use it to send you ads:

gmail.

gchat.

google docs.

google chrome.

youtube.

google maps.

also facebook tracks you too.

It's annoying because of the exact reason Brandon created this thread. They track what you're doing online. And then try to sell you things their "expert" marketing dept. thinks will interest you. Just like TV commercials are annoying, which is why I DVR most TV programs I watch, so I can fast forward through the commercials. Everyone knows surfing the net isn't anonymous, but I don't want to be sold products everywhere I look online. This is the reason AdBlock is a necessity.

Agreed. The fact that Chuck is able to run this site for absolutely no cost is what makes me alright with blocking ads from this site.

Oh, hey, wait a second...

it trippy dude. they take your history from all things google and use it to send you ads:

gmail.

gchat.

google docs.

google chrome.

youtube.

google maps.

also facebook tracks you too.

Yeah, I have a read some of the reports.

Just a trip it knows about the heroin and greatest hits Boyz II Men album I was looking to buy from Sam Goody.