• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

White Sox Reject STL offer

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/report-white-sox-turn-down-cardinals-proposal-for-alexei-ramirez/

"A “scouting source” told the Chicago Tribune’s Mark Gonzales that the White Sox rejected a proposal from the Cardinals that would have netted them top pitching prospect Carlos Martinez in return for shortstop Alexei Ramirez."

Wow. I wonder what we could get for Aybar?

While Ramirez is having the better year they have similar contracts, Aybar is roughly 3 years younger and is the better player.

Perhaps Martinez and Matt Adams?

Adams would be a massive upgrade from Trumbo and the Albert Pujols at DH/1B. He service time is truly minimal.

As we can't trade the Albert Pujols perhaps we can then move Trumbo to the Pirates?

I've heard from sources in the media here in St. Louis that this may not be true.

I cant imagin the Sox would turn down a Martinez for Ramirez offer.  Martinez is one of the top ranked prospects in all of baseball and has top of the rotation potential.  I dont see the Cardinals willing to part with him for Ramirez.

I think this will be debunked in a day or two.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/report-white-sox-turn-down-cardinals-proposal-for-alexei-ramirez/

"A “scouting source” told the Chicago Tribune’s Mark Gonzales that the White Sox rejected a proposal from the Cardinals that would have netted them top pitching prospect Carlos Martinez in return for shortstop Alexei Ramirez."

While Ramirez is having the better year they have similar contracts, Aybar is roughly 3 years younger and is the better player.

Adams would be a massive upgrade from Trumbo and the Albert Pujols at DH/1B. He service time is truly minimal.

As we can't trade the Albert Pujols perhaps we can then move Trumbo to the Pirates?

As much as I like Adams (and I really like Adams), Aybar wouldn't net both Adams and Martinez.

Maybe Aybar for Adams and Trumbo to the Pirates for Taillon.

Maybe.

Just read this as well...in a heartbeat, I'd do this deal just for Martinez

Again, I dont believe this story. 

Martinez is one of the crown jewels of the Cardinals organization and I dont see them giving him away for Ramirez.  Ramirez is average, at best now. 

Mozeliak would have been crucified had this gone through.

I don't think this is true either. 

Cardinals wouldn't be this dumb and the White Sox wouldn't be dumb enough to reject it.

Alexi Ramirez - .289 wOBA, 76 wRC+

Pete Kozma - .256 wOBA, 60 wRC+

Ryan Jackson (AAA) - .345 wOBA, 102 wRC+

And they are all the same on defense.

I have no idea why Jackson hasn't gotten a chance this year.     He must have pissed off someone in the FO.

But yea, 2 capable guys making the league minimum with good enough defense.   Cards need another starter, not a SS.