• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Mota-isms: Cannot re-emphasize the winds enough additions

One can find a lot of humor in broadcasting. A lot of people know about Yogi-isms and Colmanisms. Jerry Coleman, who grew up American, has come up with some real head scratching malapropisms over the years. They make for hilarious reading. However, Jerry is a smart, well-spoken person, not to mention having been a talented ballplayer. Most of all, he is a WWII hero and a decorated marine fighter pilot.

I am one of the world's most gullible people.  Is this for real?  If so, how insane.  If you see him again, please tell him DR says DR does not stand for Dominica Republica.  And that I look forward to his pre-game shenanigans. 

So Jose Mota stopped by my work, had the receptionist ring me to come down. Showed him the view on 17 overlooking the Puget Sound, talked some #Angels Baseball. What a great guy! 

I thought you'd like this Jose Mota quote from Spring Training Broadcast 2-26-13 post game:

"As an infielder you have to time and be conscious of 1 thing: Release Point, the Path of the Baseball, Around the Zone, Contact, and When to Have Your Legs Ready....".  

1 thing, huh?

No wonder our guys are making so many errors, there's too much thinking going on out there.

I am one of the world's most gullible people.  Is this for real?  If so, how insane.  If you see him again, please tell him DR says DR does not stand for Dominica Republica.  And that I look forward to his pre-game shenanigans. 

Yes, this is real DR. He seriously stopped by my office, took an elevator up 20 floors, had the receptionist ring me and we chatted for a bit then he left. 

Great guy. 

We used to groan whenever he said anything. Knowing how much he loves his job and how hard he tries, I can't imagine it any other way now. If I were doing baseball telecasts for Telemundo, no doubt there would be a thread like this on some Spanish-language sports board poking fun at my broken Spanish (once upon a time it was fairly decent, but 35 years of non-use takes a toll on one's vocabulary).

Yes, this is real DR. He seriously stopped by my office, took an elevator up 20 floors, had the receptionist ring me and we chatted for a bit then he left. 

Great guy. 

Didja give him a Mota Quote T shirt?

My daughter and I ran into Jose before a ST game a couple of years ago. Afterward, she turned to me and said "Wasn't that the guy on the radio you're always complaining about"?

"Yeah, isn't he awesome"?

Haha....that pretty much somes up my Jose Mota opinion.  "I don't know what he just said; isn't he the greatest?!"

Didja give him a Mota Quote T shirt?

My daughter and I ran into Jose before a ST game a couple of years ago. Afterward, she turned to me and said "Wasn't that the guy on the radio you're always complaining about"?

"Yeah, isn't he awesome"?

In order to actually become an Angelswin.com member, you should have to repeat, verbatim and without notes, the classic Jose line:

And, besides that is the fact, that you know, the old saying goes, "play good enough until last out until also something good happens for you."

In order to actually become an Angelswin.com member, you should have to repeat, verbatim and without notes, the classic Jose line:

And, besides that is the fact, that you know, the old saying goes, "play good enough until last out until also something good happens for you."

I think when cops pull drunks over, the field sobriety test, instead of saying the alphabet backwards (LaRussa fail), the suspected drunk driver should quote this verbatim.

Just for the lulz.

Great guy.

So how did you manage to get him to stop by? Are you guys buddies now?

So how did you manage to get him to stop by? Are you guys buddies now?

I didn't ask him. He asked on Twitter where I worked. I told him. Next day I get buzzed by the receptionist.

He's a fan of AngelsWin.com and has always been cool to me in person. He spoke with Terry Smith at our 2010 Spring Fanfest.