• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 35

Breezy Nowlan joins the show in place of Victor.

Arte is a narcissist, sociopath and cheap.

This roster is making it difficult for season ticket holders to resell their seats.  Will there be fewer season seat holders next year.

Is Mike Trout really being held captive in a dungeon.

Things really need to break in favor of the Angels.

Chuck rocks the sombrero 

Geoff has an Angels memorabilia show and tell.

Happy Cinco de Mayo

• Chuck changed the title to AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 35
3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Gonna be honest ... woke up this morning and thought, "Oh shit.  Did we really say that?!" 

I used to feel that way after unleashing on here, X or on the podcast but I'm well beyond giving two shits about what management thinks. 

Arte has really F'd up so many aspects of the fan experience. 

52 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I generally like the tone of the podcasts. I feel like the assessments are more objective, especially when Victor is there (though Breezy definitely had some lava takes) than the takes on the website. Even with Chuck’s optimism, I think you guys call things pretty well.

Thanks, @Jeremiah!!! Appreciate that feedback, 

As a fan who has followed this team since its inception in 61, i have never seen fan's looking at this team with such negativity. In the 60's,the teams were understandably poor. But those teams could at least pitch and play good defense. They just couldn't hit. Today, this team looks like  a really bad expansion team. They can't hit, pitch, or play defense. The negativity today incorporates every aspect of the organization. Jeff Fletcher's multi piece article he did about a year ago was a really good illustration of the slow detering of the Angels as a whole. Currently, i don't see the negativity dissipating in the near future. The only way i see this organization climbing out of this whole is for the team to be sold. There will not be any optimism until Arte bails. If and when that happens, that is when a shift from the negativity to optimism can start.

The only thing I’d disagree a bit on as it pertains to the Trout/winning team narrative is the Griffey comp, and I know Geoff said more than that. It’s a bit different with Junior. For a good amount of Griffey’s time with the Mariners, they were very competitive. So there wouldn’t have been that push. He completely changed the entire narrative of that franchise. Whatever they call that stadium now, it is the House That Griffey Built. When he went to Cincinnati, it was because he asked for it out of family concerns. He wanted to play closer to his family home in Orlando, and play in his hometown where his dad was a bench coach.

Just finished listening and took notes:

I thought this was a depressing, yet factual episode (which was my first note at the beginning of the show) but started to turn funnier and more optimistic as it went on.

Breezy was amazing and it was great of her to come on at the last minute. I could feel her anger for the organization and a lot of us can sympathize with her, especially being a season ticket owner.

Chuck, that was a looooong drink after that rant you gave! :)

Sociopath?! Trout in a dungeon?! LOL! I couldn't believe it but it was so funny!

Cool items, Geoff, but did they show Reggie hitting righty?  Or maybe I got a mirror image.

Geoff's message to Breezy was so heartflet at the end. Loved it!

All in all, the team WILL turn it around eventually. I was 38 when the team won a championship and I pray I'll be around when the team turns it around. Sports is cyclical so our time has to come. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

The only thing I’d disagree a bit on as it pertains to the Trout/winning team narrative is the Griffey comp, and I know Geoff said more than that. It’s a bit different with Junior. For a good amount of Griffey’s time with the Mariners, they were very competitive. So there wouldn’t have been that push. He completely changed the entire narrative of that franchise. Whatever they call that stadium now, it is the House That Griffey Built. When he went to Cincinnati, it was because he asked for it out of family concerns. He wanted to play closer to his family home in Orlando, and play in his hometown where his dad was a bench coach.

That's really not the case though.  In his first stint with the team ('89 to '99), look at their record.  They were only over .500 half the time and, with the exception of '97, they were barely over .500.  The 2 times they made the post season ('95 and '97), Randy Johnson had monster years.  (And let's not even talk about how they ended up making the playoffs in '95).

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 10.26.43 AM.png

45 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Cool items, Geoff, but did they show Reggie hitting righty?  Or maybe I got a mirror image.

Ha!  I actually had to go look and see.  He is hitting lefty.  But the cartoon caricature of the "Reggie" swinging the bat appears to be a white guy.  ugh

Good clip, @Chuck. I chuckled when I saw you take a big sip of your margarita (?) when she said that Arte is probably a sociopath. 

But...yeah, I'm there with you all - and I don't even disagree with her assessment of Arte (and it is true that corporate CEOs have a much higher rate of psychopathy than the general public).

I suppose the one alternate theory that I would put forward is that maybe the Angels thought they had more than a snowball's chance, whether foolishly or not. They hoped that Trout and Rendon could stay healthy and that the young guys were better than they've been. They put a lot of money into the bullpen, saw some quality in the starters, and felt the lineup would at least be solid with the young guys and Trout and Rendon. They probably knew it was a bit of a long-shot, but it wasn't impossible. In other words, I don't think they thought it was a 90+ win surefire contender, but that with a bit of luck, they could get into the 85-90 range and have a chance at a wildcard. Of course right now it is looking like 70 wins is unlikely.

On 5/6/2024 at 6:22 AM, Lhalo said:

Gonna raise a few eyebrows in the org with that episode and rightfully so!

I really don't think Arte gives a shit what anyone says. The only thing that could possibly get him off his crusty ass is declining ticket sales, but even then, the dude is set for life financially.