• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Throws the hammer down on Braun and others

Funny how everyone thinks there are no Angels on this report.  We are talking about Rangers and A's, but there are another 20 players that haven't been named.  Let's just hope that no Angels are mentioned.

It's cause there has been a list of the players under investigation. http://blog.gtbets.eu/biogenesis-scandal-mlb-players-steroids/

I remember seeing the same list a few months ago but I can't find the sources I saw it on because it's only coming up with ones from the last few days.

Hope this is complete sooner rather than later... it's gone on long enough. I have no problem if there are Angels on the list because the game needs to get clean. It's always going to be a cat and mouse game.... but hopefully these suspensions can help the league implement even stronger testing in the future. No excuses for anyone... 

That isn't fair to the other 39 guys that played the games cleanly. The only fair punishment is to solely punish the player.

The NCAA gave a damn when they vacated a championship from USC. I was glad they did, too. Maybe those players should think about that before not insisting to management that they don't want known or suspected cheaters and character lacking cretins on their team! Too damn bad for them.

The Black Sox were found not guilty and still banned from baseball forever.

Did baseball do away with the commissioner's ability to act on conduct deemed detrimental to the league?

I'm really curious if he has the power to act on something like this.

I'm pretty sure he still has it, so he could likely do this. I believe that this hasn't been used since Kuhn blocked then A's owner Charles Finley from selling Vida Blue and Rollie Fingers by using the "not in the best interests of baseball" clause that gives the commissioner ultimate power. It went to the courts and Kuhn won, and I don't think it has been challenged since. If Selig used this defense, which is possible, it could be challenged, in which case I think Selig would win since the precedent has been set (and due to the outcry of trying to clean up the game).

I think MLB is the only league where the commissioner has that kind of power. It is is different than what Stern was able to do by blocking the Hornets trade of Chris Paul to the Lakers since the league owned the team and had the power to over-rule the GM.

This will be really interesting. 

Cruz or Colon missing time would be a big plus for the Angels.

Even without Colon and cruz Texas and oakland would not be under.500. So i dont think it will help the Angels much unless something changes with LAA halfway through the season and although the offense has improved LAA still has issues throughout their pitching staff......

Or it will motivate some teams to hide things.  See Mitchell Report.  No Red Sox ever used.

B. Steroids Found in Boston Red Sox Player’s Car, June 2000 On June 30, 2000, a clubhouse employee of the Boston Red Sox, Carlos Cowart, and a friend of his were sitting in Manny Alexander’s parked sports utility vehicle when they were approached by Massachusetts state police officers.

During a search of the vehicle, police discovered two hypodermic needles and a bottle of anabolic steroids in the glove compartment. At least one news report stated that the steroids were in an envelope addressed to Alexander,although we were not able to confirm that assertion.

On Page 96 of the Mitchell Report. Negotiations took to long and the urine test too long to administer therefore of course he wouldn't show up positive. MLB doesn't take it serious enough and neither does the MLBPA. 

This is incredibly asinine that they would allow all these people to play the All-Star than actually make an example of them and show them they mean business. I don't even care about the whole Biogenesis list. It won't mean shit honestly. The MLBPA will just tear through it with all their appeals and it will be long forgotten.

red sox show up on pg 96????????????????

the guy that authored the report was on the red sox board of directors at the same time!!!!!!!

Yes, they do.

Please explain to me the conspiracy theory.Most of the reports that were never made into suspensions or anything else, were because of the incompetence of the league and the shitty way the MLBPA likes to get in the way instead of helping.

"The Angels aren't mentioned because the team doesn't take steroids. If it did they would be right up with the A's and Rangers. However, if the A's and Rangers are allowed to take it then we should force our players to take it as well."

You can still be a shitty player and take steroids you know. It doesn't automatically make you hit a curveball or make you take more pitches. It allows your endurance to be lengthened, you can become stronger and etc.  

Yeah right. Troy Glaus was under suspicion for having PED's and supplements sent to him in the mail during his 2003-2004 seasons as of a result of his injuries. He would eventually tell federal agents he took the PED's to help himself heal. He never did any time, or got fined. So please tell me about how squeaky clean the Angels are compared to everyone else. Just because the team is named the Angels, doesn't mean the halo isn't possibly being held up by horns. 

You don't need to be smashing balls out of the park to be on steroids. Steroids are steroids no matter how they are used. 

True but it would be the only way to motivate teams to keep their players clean.

They've been testing for years and players keep trying to get around it. Testing and suspensuons dont seem to be effective enough. Time to make it hurt.

Brad Fullmer was the poster boy of the steroid era. In terms of looks, giant veins, yoked out of his mind.

Would LOVE to see Colon get a 100 game. What they really need to do is change it to, first time 100, second 200 games, third lifetime ban. That will happen as soon as Pete Rose is allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Unless there is something that hasn't been made public yet, I just don't see how they can suspend players, some up to 100 games, based on the testimony of one man.  It would set an awfully dangerous precedent.  In my opinion, this smacks of a witch hunt but MLB to bust some guys that may have slid by in the past.  Will be interesting to see how the appeals process plays out.