• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/16/24): Angels @ Rays: Soriano on the mound, Sano at 1B, Trout DH'ing

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.  I'm not trolling.  And your "statistically backed takes" aren't always correct.  Deal with it.  You're new here and I'd wager you're not making too many friends with your posting style.  Again, I defended you when you were getting piled on initially, but now I see that you're just going to be combative. 

Don't really give a shit if you put me on ignore.

They're not correct because you don't like them. That's where we aren't seeing eye to eye and why you think I'm combative. You might think you're hot shit because you've been here for awhile or think you have friends here, but its an internet forum, and I'm here to talk baseball, not snip at people and try to win internet points. 

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.  I'm not trolling.  And your "statistically backed takes" aren't always correct.  Deal with it.  You're new here and I'd wager you're not making too many friends with your posting style.  Again, I defended you when you were getting piled on initially, but now I see that you're just going to be combative. 

I’d be shocked if the asshat you are conversing with hasn’t been here before and shown the door. He comes in, spouts his negative bullshit then tells you that you’re miserable. From his first post it was OBVIOUS what he is. 

3 minutes ago, samwum said:

They're not correct because you don't like them. That's where we aren't seeing eye to eye and why you think I'm combative. You might think you're hot shit because you've been here for awhile or think you have friends here, but its an internet forum, and I'm here to talk baseball, not snip at people and try to win internet points. 

Also you say a ton of stupid shit. 

1 minute ago, samwum said:

Our interactions today have been about the strike zone (nothing statistical-based about your argument there and the pitch in question was, in fact, a strike) and the Rays' bullpen.  You called their bullpen "good."  I said it has been terrible this year (yes, small sample size, but the reality is in the moment, it's been bad) and that it was a little above average last year.  Nothing about anything I said on those two topics should be seen as "miserable" or "trolling."

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I like his posting style.  I like it very much.  

What does "your new here" have anything to do with the interaction?

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Our interactions today have been about the strike zone (nothing statistical-based about your argument there and the pitch in question was, in fact, a strike) and the Rays' bullpen.  You called their bullpen "good."  I said it has been terrible this year (yes, small sample size, but the reality is in the moment, it's been bad) and that it was a little above average last year.  Nothing about anything I said on those two topics should be seen as "miserable" or "trolling."

2023 Bullpen ERA 

• Rays - 3.86 (5th best in baseball)
  • Angels - 4.66 (3rd worst in baseball)

2024 Bullpen Returning Members

• Rays - 6 players with 3.00 ERA or lower. Next best is Kevin Kelly at 3.09.
  • Angels - 1 player with 3.00 ERA or lower. Next best is Carlos Estevez at 3.90 (honorable mention Andrew Wantz at 3.89)

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

I like his posting style.  I like it very much.  

What does "your new here" have anything to do with the interaction?

I'm not surprised you'd like it.

"You're new here" simply means that it's generally not a great idea to show up at a new place and starting spouting shit in a combative style.

4 minutes ago, samwum said:

2023 Bullpen ERA 

• Rays - 3.86 (5th in baseball)
  • Angels - 4.66 (3rd worst in baseball)

2024 Bullpen Returning Members

• Rays - 6 players with 3.00 ERA or lower. Next best is Kevin Kelly at 3.09.
  • Angels - 1 player with 3.00 ERA or lower. Next best is Carlos Estevez at 3.90 (honorable mention Andrew Wantz at 3.89)

Fangraphs has their relief pitchers with a 3.81 ERA for 2023 and that was 12th in MLB.

Also, I never said the Angels bullpen was good or even better than the Rays.  My point was simply that the Rays bullpen has been awful this year--which is true.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm not surprised you'd like it.

"You're new here" simply means that it's generally not a great idea to show up at a new place and starting spouting shit in a combative style.

My favorite was when he told IP he didn’t understand stats. 

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Fangraphs has their relief pitchers with a 3.81 ERA for 2023 and that was 12th in MLB.

Also, I never said the Angels bullpen was good or even better than the Rays.  My point was simply that the Rays bullpen has been awful this year--which is true.

Fair enough, probably should have used fangraphs as my source. 7 guys on the Rays who are the best or second best reliever on the Angels and you come at me for saying the Rays out-bullpen'ed the Angels. Get outta here lmao. 

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I also like it when people try to throw "sample size" at me, when I work in market research and literally oversee study design, sample collection, etc. for my clients.

We all have jobs dude, its not that impressive. 

Just now, samwum said:

We all have jobs dude, its not that impressive. 

Again, you're being combative.  I didn't say it was "impressive."  I just think it's funny when people try to explain something to me that is literally part of my profession.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again, you're being combative.  I didn't say it was "impressive."  I just think it's funny when people try to explain something to me that is literally part of my profession.

Making scenarios up in your head

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, samwum said:

Fair enough, probably should have used fangraphs as my source. 7 guys on the Rays who are the best or second best reliever on the Angels and you come at me for saying the Rays out-bullpen'ed the Angels. Get outta here lmao. 

Speaking of making up scenarios in your head: again, my reply to you was about the Rays being a good bullpen this year.  They haven't been.

Edited by jsnpritchett