• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Yeah, and Ohtani didn't beat the living Phuck out of him after he told him he did it...? My Best friend I've known since I was 10 years old.... I'm fixing him if he were to steal 16M from me...

You got 16 mill to lose?

Okay.....

Scrooge Mcduck Trump GIF

So, you're going to tell me Ippei stole approx 5-15% of his annual income 3M, 5.5M, 30M salary, endorsements and sponsorships. 

16M over the last 3 years.

No one knew or saw anything happening? Accounting office, Business Manager, Parents ( When Ohtani first signed they were in charge of his financials. Which may be why it happened later after Ohtani hired people), he had more people that would see this stuff coming and going.

29 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

So, you're going to tell me Ippei stole approx 5-15% of his annual income 3M, 5.5M, 30M salary, endorsements and sponsorships. 

16M over the last 3 years.

No one knew or saw anything happening? Accounting office, Business Manager, Parents ( When Ohtani first signed they were in charge of his financials. Which may be why it happened later after Ohtani hired people), he had more people that would see this stuff coming and going.

But there were text messages! There is no way Ohtani knew!

jerkoff.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This story gets more bizarro world every day. There cannot be a three year period where Ohtani did not have a conversation with his tax accountant about where his money was going. Just too much bullshit in these stories. 

I'm sticking to the theory that Ohtani has been paying off Ippei's debts, didn't know it was a big deal, and that they mutually decided that Ippei would be the fall guy (in exchange for a large reward). 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This story gets more bizarro world every day. There cannot be a three year period where Ohtani did not have a conversation with his tax accountant about where his money was going. Just too much bullshit in these stories. 

The tax accountant talked to Ippei? I mean, how many financial classes do you think Ohtani has taken in his life? How comfortable would you be discussing technical finances in your second language in a country you aren't familiar with tax laws in? 

It's a sizeable chunk of money, but if you don't care about money and let people manage your money for you and there's always plenty in the account when you want to buy something, why worry about it?

I mean a guy just stole $20 million from the Jacksonville Jaguars for gambling and the owner speaks English and could talk to anyone. There's a lot you can do if you have access to people's accounts and the accounts aren't getting close to $0.

Just now, eaterfan said:

The tax accountant talked to Ippei? I mean, how many financial classes do you think Ohtani has taken in his life? How comfortable would you be discussing technical finances in your second language in a country you aren't familiar with tax laws in? 

It's a sizeable chunk of money, but if you don't care about money and let people manage your money for you and there's always plenty in the account when you want to buy something, why worry about it?

Please don't be an apologist for Ohtani. He is not talking Financials with someone who doesn't fluently speak Japanese and he isn't using an interpreter.

I go over every expense with my accountant and discuss where we can do better. Ohtani was having those same conversations and especially when there so many large and questionable transactions. He knew and he was involved. 

9 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I mean a guy just stole $20 million from the Jacksonville Jaguars for gambling and the owner speaks English and could talk to anyone. There's a lot you can do if you have access to people's accounts and the accounts aren't getting close to $0.

No Japanese speaking accountants available in Southern California. You know how dense that sounds? 

Edited by James

1 minute ago, James said:

No Japanese speaking accountants available in Southern California. You know how dense that sounds? 

Why does his tax advisor/accountant need to be in the US at all? Ohtani had bank accounts in Japan playing for the Ham Fighters, it's not like he had to change firms. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Why does his tax advisor/accountant need to be in the US at all? Ohtani had bank accounts in Japan playing for the Ham Fighters, it's not like he had to change firms. 

Of course but even if one is going to claim he did, it wouldn't be hard to find one he can communicate with. It's stranger that he wouldn't do so. 

Holy smokes, this is getting weirder.  We might owe Eater and apology.

The Wildest Stuff Alleged In The Criminal Complaint Against Ippei Mizuhara

• Between Dec. 2021 and Jan. 2024, Mizuhara's betting account placed approximately 19,000 wagers. The wagers averaged roughly $12,800. There were $142,245,769.74 in wins and $182,935,206,68 losses, totaling a $40,678,436.94 hole.
  • All of the devices used to access the bank account were devices that were also used to access Mizuhara's personal bank account. All of Mizuhara's winnings were deposited to his personal account, not the account used to pay the bookmaker.

So if the losses were taken out of Shohei's account, and the winnings were put in Ippei's personal account.  Did Shohei lose more than $40 million.

• The same account used to pay out the bookmaker also showed "approximately $325 thousand in transactions at eBay and Whatnot between Jan. and March 2024."
  • Mizuhara received packages that were emailed to the clubhouse under the alias "Jay Min." The packages contained baseball cards, including "cards for baseball players Yogi Berra, Juan Soto, and Victim A."
  • Ohtani also employed a professional bookkeeper, financial manager, and tax preparer and accountant, who, along with his agent, managed all of his domestic endorsement deals, which were handled in separate accounts. None of them spoke Japanese or hired anyone who spoke Japanese.

The more complex and weirder this gets you'd have to suspect some sort of cover up or wild spin. Ultimately to protect Ohtani and his persona. 

Even if he was an innocent victim, it doesn't reflect very well on him as a mature or smart person, oblivious to four years of continuous, ongoing theft. 

At the least it seems like a cavalier attitude, being completely oblivious to his own private financial affairs. Even with accountants and advisors you would think that he would want to know periodically his updated financial status. 

He was very pro active in picking his teams and doing due diligence with his contracts. We know how he has laser focus on baseball and health details. It just seems really curious that he was entirely out of his own financial loop. Not even knowing his bank balances semi regularly? 

And wouldn't his wife want to be privy to how his finances stood? 

Seems the spin is to make him out as some kind of savant. Detached from the real world and only a baseball phenom. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In this thread: people drawing conclusions before we have all the facts.

Welcome to 2024. This happens with everything, not just baseball stories. Most people are stupid, we all agree on that but we disagree on who exactly is stupid. 

Are You Stupid Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 minutes ago, James said:

Welcome to 2024. This happens with everything, not just baseball stories. Most people are stupid, we all agree on that but we disagree on who exactly is stupid. 

Are You Stupid Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

We're all guilty of it, but I love this sequence of posts

1 hour ago, James said:

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

1 hour ago, James said:

Of course but even if one is going to claim he did, it wouldn't be hard to find one he can communicate with. It's stranger that he wouldn't do so. 

37 minutes ago, gotbeer said:
  • Ohtani also employed a professional bookkeeper, financial manager, and tax preparer and accountant, who, along with his agent, managed all of his domestic endorsement deals, which were handled in separate accounts. None of them spoke Japanese or hired anyone who spoke Japanese.

8 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

The more complex and weirder this gets you'd have to suspect some sort of cover up or wild spin. Ultimately to protect Ohtani and his persona. 

Even if he was an innocent victim, it doesn't reflect very well on him as a mature or smart person, oblivious to four years of continuous, ongoing theft. 

At the least it seems like a cavalier attitude, being completely oblivious to his own private financial affairs. Even with accountants and advisors you would think that he would want to know periodically his updated financial status. 

He was very pro active in picking his teams and doing due diligence with his contracts. We know how he has laser focus on baseball and health details. It just seems really curious that he was entirely out of his own financial loop. Not even knowing his bank balances semi regularly? 

And wouldn't his wife want to be privy to how his finances stood? 

Seems the spin is to make him out as some kind of savant. Detached from the real world and only a baseball phenom. 

If we are to believe what is being said, everyone in Ohtani’s camp, including Balelo, need to be fired and sued into oblivion.