• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

6 hours ago, ettin said:

I don't know about just a one season suspension, since Pete Rose was banned for life. Now MLB is going to have to make a decision and they should do what they should have done a long time ago and reinstate Pete Rose, he has served his damn time. They need to make a serious rule like a 3-5 year ban, but this lifetime bullsh*t is a bridge too far in my opinion. There has to be some middle ground or just stick with the lifetime ban. Just be consistent, because now their backs are to the wall with Shohei potentially violating the same rule.

Just like Shoeless Joe Jackson should be in the Hall. His production in the 1919 World Series was not that of a guy who was deliberately tanking.

6 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Just like Shoeless Joe Jackson should be in the Hall. His production in the 1919 World Series was not that of a guy who was deliberately tanking.

He was a co-conspirator by knowing the fix was placed and didn't report it. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He was a co-conspirator by knowing the fix was placed and didn't report it. 

Which was a totally different situation than Rose, who was banned because of bets that he himself placed. My point is that if you let Rose in, Jackson should go in also. If they want to put that on their plaques, fine.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

26 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Which was a totally different situation than Rose, who was banned because of bets that he himself placed. My point is that if you let Rose in, Jackson should go in also. If they want to put that on their plaques, fine.

Jackson should be considered for Hall of Fame recognition, simply because the "lifetime" portion of his penalty has been completed. Baseball is treating him like a prisoner, long dead, locked in a cell for eternity. 

When Rose passes on, his accomplishments as a player should be recognized. But until then, fuck him. 

10 hours ago, ettin said:

I don't know about just a one season suspension, since Pete Rose was banned for life. Now MLB is going to have to make a decision and they should do what they should have done a long time ago and reinstate Pete Rose, he has served his damn time. They need to make a serious rule like a 3-5 year ban, but this lifetime bullsh*t is a bridge too far in my opinion. There has to be some middle ground or just stick with the lifetime ban. Just be consistent, because now their backs are to the wall with Shohei potentially violating the same rule.

Rose was accused of betting on baseball, including his own team. It was well know at that time that betting on baseball would result in a lifetime ban. I was a huge fan of the Big Red Machine and Rose in particular but I can't see any way around sticking to the letter of the law on that one.

I doubt Ohtani or Ippei or anyone involved here was betting on baseball and since sports books are such a huge sponsor of all leagues now I don't see any way, short of him betting on baseball, that he gets even a full season ban.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Jackson should be considered for Hall of Fame recognition, simply because the "lifetime" portion of his penalty has been completed. Baseball is treating him like a prisoner, long dead, locked in a cell for eternity. 

When Rose passes on, his accomplishments as a player should be recognized. But until then, fuck him. 

Let’s not forget that Rose is an asshole as well. 

44 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Let’s not forget that Rose is an asshole as well. 

I remember seeing Rose in Las Vegas a few years ago. He was sitting on a chair with a small desk in front of him in one of those sports memorabilia stores you see in various malls there. Signing things. I can't remember the cost, but I think it varies according to the object being signed. I vaguely remember seeing $100. written somewhere in a sign. 

So sad,really. Like a circus monkey in a cage. I lurked a little out of curiosity. A few mostly old timers straggled in and talked to him. Not sure if they actually paid for his signature. 

As a modest collector I was casually thinking of bringing some obscure Expos item in just to see his reaction. Hardly the pinnacle of his career though I believe he got hit #4,000 in their uniform. Maybe at $10. But really,it was a sad spectacle. 

55 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I remember seeing Rose in Las Vegas a few years ago. He was sitting on a chair with a small desk in front of him in one of those sports memorabilia stores you see in various malls there. Signing things. I can't remember the cost, but I think it varies according to the object being signed. I vaguely remember seeing $100. written somewhere in a sign.

Yep.  He's always one of two places...either at a Las Vegas memorabilia store trying to scrounge up a few bucks by signing autographs.  Or he's at a sports book watching if the few bucks he scrounged up got him a winning ticket.

I've seen him many times at the Mandalay Bay sports book in one of their private suites there.

It's pretty sad.  It's obviously a clinical-level addiction for him.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

I really doubt Shohei Ohtani in today's press conference is going to say anything of substance and it's going to be 100% from his lawyers.

He'd be a fool to volunteer anything spontaneously and his lawyers would be even bigger fools.