• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/9/24): Angels @ Guardians: Anderson starting

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

O'Hoppe isn't homegrown, but agree that it's nice to have some competent guys behind the plate who aren't absolute zeroes at the plate.

Meh he came here when he was a prospect still. Kind of home grown. 

kind of like your buddy gave you a weed plant right before it flowered and then you got to smoke it. Lol 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Meh he came here when he was a prospect still. Kind of home grown. 

kind of like your buddy gave you a weed plant right before it flowered and then you got to smoke it. Lol 

I've had this debate with others on the board over the years.  I think I have a stricter definition than most.  But with O'Hoppe, they traded for him at the deadline, he played 29 games at AA, and then they called him up.  Really hard to call him "homegrown" under any real definition of that term.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I've had this debate with others on the board over the years.  I think I have a stricter definition than most.  But with O'Hoppe, they traded for him at the deadline, he played 29 games at AA, and then they called him up.  Really hard to call him "homegrown" under any real definition of that term.

He was traded for a home grown player

3 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

Suarez and Marisnick....keep or try to trade?

I can't imagine Marisnick having any trade value at all, really.  He's bounced around like crazy for the past couple seasons, getting released, purchased, etc. several times.

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Nice comeback inning in the 9th by Dana.  Good to see he didn't carry over the shitshow 8th into the 9th--and that he didn't let the error by Fontenelle bother him.  Angels have a couple other dudes who could learn from that.

I'm glad Washington brought him back out there.