• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

I'm just picking on @mmc, he's a good dude who I've met in person a couple times already. I just threw his name into the hat since cals seems infatuated with him for whatever reason. 

I used to make dick jokes with you and I got banned.

There is certainly a character deficit in a lot of these sports superstars, but it certainly is not a modern-day phenomenon. We don't really know the whole story of Trevor Bauer's situation, however, he was found to be not guilty. From what I heard, he pitches with passion and works hard at his craft.

Talking about fire, the Halos took a chance on Josh Hamilton, certainly without a doubt, a character-challenged player with baggage -- not to mention being a porcelain doll -- and proceeded to get burned to the third degree.

That said, there are people who truly want to change and want the opportunity to prove that they are worthy of a second chance. One thing to consider, though, is he has basically been out of competition for almost three seasons, two at least, and the clock is ticking. He has ace-caliber stuff, which the Angels could certainly use.

However, how compromised is he as a leader of a staff considering all the legal issues and allegations? Being a number-one starter is basically an unstated leadership role. Can he pull that off? He just might, and he is far better than any starter on our staff and when he is on the mound, he does so with a get-it-done, strike-them-out persona. He owns his mound, and we certainly could use that type of pitcher.

Bauer pitching against the Dodgers, throwing a pitch up and in against Ohtani. Kolarek striking out Ohtani for final out in halo victory as Angels complete sweep of Dodgers. Plesac wins opener with Lorenzen winning game 2. Sweep pushes halos to 15 games over 500 just at all-star break. Sign him Arte

2 hours ago, katie said:

A settlement does not mean “he was found to be not guilty” 

The fact that no charges were ever filed basically does.  

The fact that the judge wouldn’t issue a restraining order and stated that there was no evidence what she claimed happened actually happened basically does.  

And like MAGA said, the fact that the civil case was dropped basically does.  

7 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

There is certainly a character deficit in a lot of these sports superstars, but it certainly is not a modern-day phenomenon. We don't really know the whole story of Trevor Bauer's situation, however, he was found to be not guilty. From what I heard, he pitches with passion and works hard at his craft. Talking about fire, the Halos took a chance on Josh Hamilton, certainly without a doubt, character-challenged player with baggage -- not to mention being a porcelain doll -- and proceeded to get burned to the third degree. That said, there are people who truly want to change and want the opportunity to prove that they are worthy of a second chance. One thing to consider, though, is he has basically been out of competition for almost three seasons, two at least, and the clock is ticking. He has ace-caliber stuff, which the Angels could certainly use. However, how compromised is he as a leader of a staff considering all the legal issues and allegations? Being a number-one starter is basically an unstated leadership role. Can he pull that off? He just might, and he is far better than any starter on our staff and when he is on the mound, he does so with a get-it-done, strike-them-out persona. He owns his mound, and we certainly could use that type of pitcher.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Chuck, it took your 11th post of this thread to give a baseball-related reason for wanting Bauer.  In fact, you didn't give a baseball-related reason until after I called you out for posting Fox News propaganda.  Before my post, your reasons were : 1) make the Dodgers mad, 2) the woman is a liar, 3) Fox News Fox News Fox News.

I'm not against people getting second chances.  It's one of the things that makes our country the best one. I just suggested you should be honest about why you want him: and that is to make him the new conservative hero and an "F U" to those who cracked down on unwanted sexual harrassment/antics.  And that's within your rights to do so. Just be honest about it.

Oh, and trying to argue about conservatives being in the minority on TWITTER?  Trump/Musk bros are basically the same crowd. I don't know of many liberals dumb enough to pay $8 to a billionaire to use a free app.

6 hours ago, katie said:

A settlement does not mean “he was found to be not guilty” 

That is a point certainly that people need to keep in mind, Katie. There certainly is the smoke and fire metaphor hanging around the whole situation, but he also was cleared. Poor judgement? Yes. Assault? Apparently not. It would go a long way to assuage feelings of skepticism if he were to, let's say, make a significant donation to a victim's advocate organization that both assists victims and educates people about these matters.

1 hour ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

Chuck, it took your 11th post of this thread to give a baseball-related reason for wanting Bauer.  In fact, you didn't give a baseball-related reason until after I called you out for posting Fox News propaganda.  Before my post, your reasons were : 1) make the Dodgers mad, 2) the woman is a liar, 3) Fox News Fox News Fox News.

I'm not against people getting second chances.  It's one of the things that makes our country the best one. I just suggested you should be honest about why you want him: and that is to make him the new conservative hero and an "F U" to those who cracked down on unwanted sexual harrassment/antics.  And that's within your rights to do so. Just be honest about it.

Oh, and trying to argue about conservatives being in the minority on TWITTER?  Trump/Musk bros are basically the same crowd. I don't know of many liberals dumb enough to pay $8 to a billionaire to use a free app.

If you seriously think that I want to sign Trevor Bauer because FOX NEWS, that he'd be MY personal conservative HERO and I want to give an F U to those who cracked down on unwanted sexual harassment matters... you don't know a damn thing about me, you couldn't be more wrong and more importantly, FUCK YOU. What a dumb thing to even say.

The only reason I'm even entertaining this is because he's a talented pitcher and he won't cost a fortune like a Snell on the FA market. This team needs an ACE. I don't give a shit if you're a liberal or conservative on the Angels, I root for W's. The man was cleared and he should be given a fair shot now. 

1 hour ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

That is a point certainly that people need to keep in mind, Katie. There certainly is the smoke and fire metaphor hanging around the whole situation. It would go a long way to assuage feelings of skepticism if he were to, let's say, make a significant donation to a victim's advocate organization that both assists victims and educates people about these matters.

He sure seems to be the victim in this case though. You are aware that she texted her friend that he Bauer) is her next victim, right? That kind of closed the case on who was victimized here. Being an idiot is one thing, being an abuser is quite another. 

Edited by James

34 minutes ago, James said:

He sure seems to be the victim in this case though. You are aware that she texted her friend that he Bauer) is her next victim, right? That kind of closed the case on who was victimized here. Being an idiot is one thing, being an abuser is quite the other. 

I agree that there's more to it. I hadn't read that, but I am glad to know. His 420.69 charity drive, though, leaves many wondering about his thought processes. That said, I do think the Angels should sign him. His work ethic is certainly not in question, either.

I do think him donating to a worthwhile cause -- sans the aforementioned labels -- would be a good move on his part.

2 hours ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

@Chuck can we make victim shaming a bannable offense?  I'm tired of this disgusting behavior here. 

44 minutes ago, James said:

He sure seems to be the victim in this case though. You are aware that she texted her friend that he Bauer) is her next victim, right? That kind of closed the case on who was victimized here. Being an idiot is one thing, being an abuser is quite the other. 

As I've said before, if it weren't for Gascon she would be behind bars right now. 

Bauer was fingered by three women regarding stepping over the line on his sexual choking fetish, not just the one people seem to be focusing on... The real question is will he continue seeking out consensually choking women unconscious and beating them during sex? It could be what fueled his athletic ability. It's weird and gross TBH. If he had a german shiza fetish would you all be so quick to accept him?