• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

I know this has been discussed but I guess it flew over my head. Looks like Montgomery will wait until the season starts to sign, which would avoid a Qualifying Offer (again) after this season. Old rule used to be you had to wait until after the draft:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/why-jordan-montgomery-may-wait-until-the-season-starts-to-sign.html

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I know this has been discussed but I guess it flew over my head. Looks like Montgomery will wait until the season starts to sign, which would avoid a Qualifying Offer (again) after this season. Old rule used to be you had to wait until after the draft:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/why-jordan-montgomery-may-wait-until-the-season-starts-to-sign.html

"Will" =/= "may"

But seriously I'm done with these guys. These contracts are stupid and now they're about to get even more stupid. 

10 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You are mixing up different things.  If Montgomery had a draft pick loss attached to him NOW (he already doesn’t) then a team could get around that by waiting to sign until the draft.

If Montgomery waits to sign until after the season opens, he will also again not have a draft pick loss attached to him NEXT year in his NEXT free agency.

At least that’s how I understand it. 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

You are mixing up different things.  If Montgomery had a draft pick loss attached to him NOW (he already doesn’t) then a team could get around that by waiting to sign until the draft.

If Montgomery waits to sign until after the season opens, he will also again not have a draft pick loss attached to him NEXT year in his NEXT free agency.

Correct.  That's how I understand it, as well.

38 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe I confused you. Sorry about that. I think we’re saying the same thing. 1) He has no draft pick attached now. 2) If he waits to sign until next week, there will be no draft pick attached after 2024, if he is a FA again. At least that is how I read the article. 

9 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

image.thumb.png.c5c39bf2adb1e46d506ecaca418561fc.png

Well Moreno was more correct than wrong here.  Ohtani’s contract was worth under $500m in today dollars.  Yes he agreed to a contract where he will eventually collect $700m.  But the only fair, mathematically rational way to Moreno’s assessment of what Ohtani would get would be to talk about it in today’s dollars.

23 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

image.thumb.png.c5c39bf2adb1e46d506ecaca418561fc.png

That doesn't make sense if the reports are true that Ohtani gave Moreno an opportunity to match the Dodgers offer.

Looks like we really are going into the season with the roster at hand... I just cant understand. I suppose Martinez is possible because Heyman wont stop talking about him coming here but he also said that about snell for weeks. We really spent all our money on Robert Stephenson. I would have rather given that money to Martinez and just rolled with fliers on the bullpen like Garcia, Cimber, Zuniga etc for a 1-2 mill a piece.