• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Which is why we should have just claimed him instead of wasting money on kolarek and Plesac

No clue what spending $2 million on those 2 and claiming/not claiming JD Davis have to do with each other

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

No clue what spending $2 million on those 2 and claiming/not claiming JD Davis have to do with each other

If our pathetic owner thought 6 million was too much for him, it was dumb spending 2 million on trash. 

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Exactly. Moreno sucks but not wanting to pay Davis almost 7 million isn’t evidence of that.  No team wanted to pay him that much.

We would have to. Teams like the A's can offer him a starting position. Great teams can offer him a pathway to the playoffs. We'd have to claim him since we couldn't guarantee him either. 

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean if he wants more teams to get involved, it would make sense. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes

I’d prefer to be proven wrong, but this Astros smoke seems real.

Very similar to when they were rumored to be making a push for Hader before getting a deal done in less than 24 hours.

3 minutes ago, BTH said:

I’d prefer to be proven wrong, but this Astros smoke seems real.

Very similar to when they were rumored to be making a push for Hader before getting a deal done in less than 24 hours.

Totally possible. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Totally possible. 

Yet you wrote hours ago that you thought Boras fed Rosenthal a lie about Arte not wanting to spend on Snell.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

Yet you wrote hours ago that you thought Boras fed Rosenthal a lie about Arte not wanting to spend on Snell.

I think the two might be related...

Arte could very well be in on Snell, but now the Astros are as well.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think the two might be related...

Arte could very well be in on Snell, but now the Astros are as well.

If you believe Rosenthal’s report about the Astros is true, why wouldn’t you believe his report about the Angels is true?

Just now, BTH said:

If you believe Rosenthal’s report about the Astros is true, why wouldn’t you believe his report about the Angels is true?

Because I know it isn't.

4 minutes ago, BTH said:

Rosenthal’s report about the Angels seemingly contradicts Olney’s report from earlier in the week…but I guess it depends on how you interpret Olney’s report.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Uh huh

Tdawg I fuck with you but every indication by credible media, Arte himself, and team personnel is that he has no interest whatsoever in spending anything resembling substantial money this offseason.  Anyone telling themselves it might happen at this point is incredibly deluded and choosing to blatantly ignore reality

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Rosenthal’s report about the Angels seemingly contradicts Olney’s report from earlier in the week…but I guess it depends on how you interpret Olney’s report.  🤷‍♂️

Olney’s report was that Snell preferred to go the Angels and there had back and forth between them and the team.

Rosenthal’s report was that Minasian has been pushing Arte to sign him, but Arte has resisted.

Where’s the contradiction? The way I see it, Snell wants the Angels, Perry wants Snell, and Arte doesn’t.

Edited by BTH