• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He’s the only one worth that since he doesn’t require draft pick compensation 

Right. But you know Arte won't go for that. I mean I'd be fine with it for Montgomery but...

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Why do people in this thread still think Arte is going to spend money when he came out and told you guys he wasn’t going to spend money?

Gonna need a source on that. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Gonna need a source on that. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because he didn’t say that. Why do you make things up?

Do any of the players on the market “substantially change the team”?  I’ll give you a hint.  The answer is no

Moreno said the plan was to “set the budget lower. … I’m not going to spend money just to show that we’re going to spend money unless it’s going to substantially change the team.”

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Do any of the players on the market “substantially change the team”?  I’ll give you a hint.  The answer is no

Moreno said the plan was to “set the budget lower. … I’m not going to spend money just to show that we’re going to spend money unless it’s going to substantially change the team.”

A starter that’s better than any starter we have is a substantial signing. 

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

Ok but this is not "I'm not going to spend money". 

He's literally saying the same thing he has always said. "For the right player..."

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok but this is not "I'm not going to spend money". 

He's literally saying the same thing he has always said. "For the right player..."

And there are no "right player(s)" in this off season. Just a bunch of 2nd tier stars. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

A OF from a league that doesn’t translate well for hitters, a reliever being turned into a starter, an almost 40 year old wife beater, a 38 year old DH only and snell who you continue to shit on when anyone mentions him? Please explain your thought process here.

I have no clue who these players are supposed to be

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think he thinks they signed Aroldis Chapman instead of Matt, and maybe he's confusing Soler for Carlos Santana or J.D. Martinez??

You didn’t know Matt Chapman beat his wife and is actually 10 years older than he claims? Also you aren’t familiar with Jorge solers half brother benicio soler who only has 1 leg? Pffft you need to read some things.

according to twitter user boobsnightengay who has a blue check mark and 17 followers.

7 hours ago, mmc said:

Giants filling lots of holes with nice pieces, Lee, Hicks, Chapman, Soler and still trying on Snell.  Basically the offseason the Angels would have if Arte gave a shit

They have put a weird team together.  Injuries to the back of their rotation likely force the Snell deal.

I'm just laughing at how Minasian spent 30 million on the bullpen and suddenly Arte pulls the plug. 

Now we're stretching out guys we actually need in the bullpen because we don't have SP depth. Bauer, Clevinger, Lorenzen, Urias, fucking Barria. Hell we could get 2 of those guys, save maybe Urias, for less than 30 million.

It doesn't make sense. This organization has absolutely no direction. 

Fuck Arte. Piece of garbage.