• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I could see Suarez being traded and I can easily see Estevez being moved. The cost of free agent relievers gives him some actual value. 

I might move Estevez if the deal is right. He was good enough over the first half that he has value. I wouldn’t move him just because we have a surplus of RP’s. 

I think the less exciting bullpen signings (Garcia/Cimber/Cisnero/Kolarek/Plesac) are meant to insulate prospect arms from being pushed too quickly. Guys like Joyce and Bachman likely wouldn’t have earned call ups if it weren’t for a lack of organizational depth and the desperation mode we were in thx to Shohei’s presence. If Joyce can get to consistently throwing strikes and start making some back to back appearances he will earn the callup. Bachman likely going to be SP exclusively. Cisnero looks like move that’s healthy for the org

3 minutes ago, ShotimeDynasty said:

I think the less exciting bullpen signings (Garcia/Cimber/Cisnero/Kolarek/Plesac) are meant to insulate prospect arms from being pushed too quickly. Guys like Joyce and Bachman likely wouldn’t have earned call ups if it weren’t for a lack of organizational depth and the desperation mode we were in thx to Shohei’s presence. If Joyce can get to consistently throwing strikes and start making some back to back appearances he will earn the callup. Bachman likely going to be SP exclusively. Cisnero looks like move that’s healthy for the org

I wonder if Bachman isn’t a RP long term. Just can’t stay healthy. Not sure being a RP insulates you from injury but the work load of a starter is tough.

13 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I wonder if Bachman isn’t a RP long term. Just can’t stay healthy. Not sure being a RP insulates you from injury but the work load of a starter is tough.

He very well may be a reliever in the long run but it makes sense to give him the opportunity to develop into a starter before making that decision final. 

I feel like that would be counterproductive.

Obviously if someone offers a nice return then Perry should absolutely listen. But he's our opening day closer. Kinda important for a successful bullpen.

34 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I feel like that would be counterproductive.

Obviously if someone offers a nice return then Perry should absolutely listen. But he's our opening day closer. Kinda important for a successful bullpen.

I guess I see it different. I don’t think you trade him just to trade him, but they’ve accumulated a solid group of hard throwing relief pitchers. We all know there is a hard line budget, we just don’t know what that is.  But if they can add whatever free agent piece they are looking at, whether it’s Snell, Montgomery, Bellinger or maybe a pair of Clevinger/Soler but they have to shed $7 million, Estevez is the logical salary to shed. Maybe there’s a Ward/Estevez package out there for a Cincy middle infielder. 

14 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Cuban sold his majority share of the Mavs in November.  

I think it'd be fun as hell to have him as owner.  Although he ain't Cohen rich so I wouldn't expect a monster payroll after the depreciation trick expires.  

Cuban is annoying to me. At least Moreno keeps a low profile.

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Sign Amed Rosario, Tommy Pham, Lorenzen, and trade Ward for the best starter you can get

I don’t hate any of those moves.

Not exciting, but improves the team.

But I’m not sure if Pham and Trout get along after the Fantasy Football debacle.

12 minutes ago, BTH said:

I don’t hate any of those moves.

Not exciting, but improves the team.

But I’m not sure if Pham and Trout get along after the Fantasy Football debacle.

It was Pham and Joc, right?