• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Gives me Pat Corbin vibes, pass.

I’m not a fan of it, but Brandon Crawford strikes me as a guy they’d take a flier on for back-up SS/UT IF. Sort of like a Votto for Neto.

He can't hit and he hasn't played a defensive position other than SS since 2009 in fall ball.

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Yeah I don't like the Votto and Kike chatter.

It only tracks if they’re fine taking 2024 off competitively and are wanting to surround the young core with good clubhouse vets for a year: 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He can't hit and he hasn't played a defensive position other than SS since 2009 in fall ball.

Most top vet shortstops haven’t played anywhere but shortstop since early in their careers and then not again until the end of their careers. Come on man. Not unusual. 

Edited by totdprods

On 1/26/2024 at 10:43 AM, Inside Pitch said:

My nephew's first pitch game (non-tee) could have had similar results but it was the 90s and LL was (rightfully) all about safety by then.

First time up, first pitch.  He gets plunked on the shoulder..  He was a little trooper, looked back at us, you could see he wasn't sure what to do but we all clapped and told him to go to first..  off he went.  Second time up, gets tagged in the butt..  Same thing, he looks back at us and again he's off to to 1B.  Third time up he catches it off the top of the helmet -- the pitch was so soft the ball didn't bounce off him more than a couple feet.. this time he looked at us and we could see that bottom lip was struggling but he held on.

His final at bat..  he's walking toward the plate and about half way there he just starts bawling...  At this point the three of us are cracking up.  

He was fine but the three of us got the worst beatings of our lives from our better halves.

does he laugh about it now/yet?

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Depends if you want to try and compete at all this year. Money has been spent on BP. I'm against Snell and Bellenger long term deals. Stay away from Montgomery, sign Lorenzen or Clevenger. For me sign Votto and Tim Anderson and halos be done for this off season.

Over/under how many times you’ve said we should sign Clevinger this off-season, I’d put the line at 23.5?

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I had been keyed on him, the pitch modeling data has made me wonder how long he can keep doing what he's done.

My preference remains to keep the draft picks.

Montgomery doesn’t cost a pick so I’d prefer him over Snell.