• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Rodriguez had a setback, no longer throwing

jsnpritchett

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Plz stop.  I don’t want to hear about this anymore.  All the best to him.  His body plainly cannot do being a professional baseball player.  

It's crazy to think that he's still just 25 years old.  I guess all the missed time/injuries just make it feel like he's been around forever.  I assume they'll keep him on the 40-man over the winter, but I do have to wonder at what point they just call it a day with him and move on.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's crazy to think that he's still just 25 years old.  I guess all the missed time/injuries just make it feel like he's been around forever.  I assume they'll keep him on the 40-man over the winter, but I do have to wonder at what point they just call it a day with him and move on.

I think they move on….can’t justify a 40 man spot at this point….

16 hours ago, DMVol said:

I think they move on….can’t justify a 40 man spot at this point….

If you look at other players who’ll be occupying a 40-man spot, I think they can.

If they start loading up the 40-man with more quality players, maybe his spot becomes in jeopardy. But right now, there are like 10-15 players who you can easily remove from the 40-man before getting to CRod.

15 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

He'll be released, go do ayahuasca in the Andes, and then resurface in the independent leagues in a few years. The Athletics will sign him, and he'll become a surprise star at 30 and have a TV movie made about him. 

14 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Time for a new career. 

He will co-write his life story as a Netflix movie.

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

All joking aside, do we know the nature of the setback? That is, to what part of his fragile body?

It depends on who you believe as to whether there was an actual setback.  @Inside Pitch said he doesn’t believe it was a setback and that the plan was to shut him down after his minor league outing regardless.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

It depends on who you believe as to whether there was an actual setback.  @Inside Pitch said he doesn’t believe it was a setback and that the plan was to shut him down after his minor league outing regardless.  

More like I was told that was the case -- but who knows, maybe something happened and they shut him down completely.

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I just remember when he would start warming up in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and then come in to throw 2-3 innings... and then do it again 3 days later and pitch 1 other inning a week.

That's not how you build up endurance to start. 

That was the most ignorant decision they could have made.  They did try to limit his innings but, coming back from what he was and given his red ass history, it was dumb.  But Maddon...