• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Kolton Ingram, place Patrick Sandoval on 15-day IL

mmc

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Sure, why not.  Warm body in the 'pen for the last few games. 

There's going to be a LOT of clean-up happening on the 40-man once the season is over...

Excluding free agents:

- Barria and Walsh get non-tendered.

- Diaz, Herget, Ingram, Fulmer, Marte, Rosenberg, and Warren are all pitcher DFA candidates.

- Wallach, Cabbage, Soto, Fletcher, and Phillips are all position player DFA candidates.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

Excluding free agents:

- Diaz, Herget, Ingram, Fulmer, Marte, Rosenberg, and Warren are all pitcher DFA candidates.

- Wallach, Cabbage, Soto, Fletcher, and Phillips are all position player DFA candidates.

Walsh can't seem to put together a strong stretch so I would lean toward DFA on him....Fletcher, I'm not sure about....the fact that they waited to call him up (apparently) to limit his service time, may indicate they want to keep him, at least over the winter in to spring training...Barria's past numbers are good enough that somebody will pick him up, if he gets DFA'd.....

Just now, DMVol said:

Walsh can't seem to put together a strong stretch so I would lean toward DFA on him....Fletcher, I'm not sure about....the fact that they waited to call him up (apparently) to limit his service time, may indicate they want to keep him, at least over the winter in to spring training...Barria's past numbers are good enough that somebody will pick him up, if he gets DFA'd.....

DFA/non-tender, same end result for Walsh… he isn’t being brought back.

By waiting to call Fletcher up, they can DFA him and outright him to AAA and keep him in the org without him being on the 40-man.

Barria made $1.05 million, is out of options, and was horrible. No one’s claiming him off waivers. He’ll clear waivers and sign for less than $1.05 million. Most likely on a minor league deal.

13 minutes ago, BTH said:

Excluding free agents:

All sound like reasonable options.

I was pulling for Walsh, but other than a handful of HR, he has been truly awful since he came back up.  Still K'ing at a crazy rate.  Someone will sign him to a minor league deal and see if he can find himself next year.

Agree with your other post about Barria, too.  I don't think anyone is gonna claim him/give him $1.05M+.

13 minutes ago, BTH said:

DFA/non-tender, same end result for Walsh… he isn’t being brought back.

By waiting to call Fletcher up, they can DFA him and outright him to AAA and keep him in the org without him being on the 40-man.

Barria made $1.05 million, is out of options, and was horrible. No one’s claiming him off waivers. He’ll clear waivers and sign for less than $1.05 million. Most likely on a minor league deal.

That's what I said about Fletcher....We'll see....I meant non-tender on Walsh....I guess if there is room on the 40 man, they could give him one more shot but I doubt it....He has shown some power in AAA and in this latest call up but the overall numbers are pretty bad....Still not sure about Barria.....He was pretty good 20-22, particularly 22....Just not sure what other teams might do....🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

We'll see....I meant non-tender on Walsh....I guess if there is room on the 40 man, they could give him one more shot but I doubt it....He has shown some power in AAA and in this latest call up but the overall numbers are pretty bad

It's not just about room on the 40-man. He made $2.65M in arb this season and, the way arb works, players usually get a raise. So no chance they tender him a contract.

23 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You can non tender Walsh sign him on minor league deal. He'll sign with another team and hit 35 HR. I wish him nothing but the best.

the player has to agree to it, and judging by that Blum interview with Walsh, I don't think he's dying to re-sign with the Angels.

• mmc changed the title to Angels calling up Kelvin Caceres, Kolton Ingram
3 hours ago, BTH said:

Excluding free agents:

Both Barria and Walsh could easily be DFA.  However, I would DFA Diaz,Fulmer, Wallach before giving up on Barria and Walsh.  Barria has been in organization and pitched well in four and half.  If he was crap all season i would give up on him.  

A lot should be determined on who needs to be added to the 40 man roster and who they bring in from outside organizations.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Both Barria and Walsh could easily be DFA.  However, I would DFA Diaz,Fulmer, Wallach before giving up on Barria and Walsh.  Barria has been in organization and pitched well in four and half.  If he was crap all season i would give up on him.  

A lot should be determined on who needs to be added to the 40 man roster and who they bring in from outside organizations.

If your not gonna pay Barria $1.05M+ or Walsh $2.65M+, which they aren’t, you might as well DFA them.

40 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd be surprised if we kept more than 10 of the guys currently on the 40 man roster for next year.

I would.

I can’t see any of these 9 going anywhere:

Bachman, Detmers, Joyce, Silseth, Soriano.

O’Hoppe, Schanuel, Neto, Trout.

And I doubt they get rid of all but 1 of these players:

Anderson, Canning, Daniel, Estévez, Mederos, Quijada, Rodriguez, Sandoval, Suarez, Wantz.

Thaiss, Drury, Paris, Rengifo, Stefanic, Rendon, Ward, Adell, Moniak.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

If your not gonna pay Barria $1.05M+ or Walsh $2.65M+, which they aren’t, you might as well DFA them.

I do not think they are "budget busters" at that salary.  However if you have players making minimum wage that can pitch effectively for four seasons such as Barria or have an upside an All Star like Walsh, than by all means dump them.