• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick a Manager

Stradling

Pick a Manager  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which manager would you rather have managing the Angels?

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Boch though I'm not convinced if you swap the two that the records of the teams are all that different

Bochy’s coaching staff is 1000x better than the Angels staff.

Will Venable (associate manager) is probably getting a gig as someone’s manager this offseason.

Donny Ecker (bench coach) is one of the smartest offensive minds in MLB.

Tim Hyers (hitting coach) was great for the Red Sox.

Mike Maddux (pitching coach) has been a pitching coach forever, coaxing good results.

Experienced and successful managers can get quality people to work under them. So can experienced and successful General Managers. Something that Arte obviously doesn't agree with me about. When it comes to hiring General Managers, his philosophy seems to be, the cheaper the better.

It's a cultural organizational problem!

At this point it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Unless u get a personality who introduces a different way of playing baseball that permeates the organization as a whole.

Yeah, someone like Sosh!

Hate if u need to, but this organization had it's best years with Mike Scioscia at the helm.

19 hours ago, REDneck said:

It's a cultural organizational problem!

At this point it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Unless u get a personality who introduces a different way of playing baseball that permeates the organization as a whole.

Yeah, someone like Sosh!

Hate if u need to, but this organization had it's best years with Mike Scioscia at the helm.

That's the problem. This organization has a losers mentality. It comes from the top on down. I don't see any available manager that is going to have the clout to change that. Bochy was probably the only one, and I have a feeling the only two jobs he would have come out of retirement for were the Astros, or Rangers jobs. Give Theo Epstein a blank contract to become Team President with full authority over baseball operations. I don't trust anyone else that's available to be able to deconstruct and completely rebuild this organization which is obviously what needs to be done at this point.

19 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

That's the problem. This organization has a losers mentality. It comes from the top on down. I don't see any available manager that is going to have the clout to change that. Bochy was probably the only one, and I have a feeling the only two jobs he would have come out of retirement for were the Astros, or Rangers jobs. Give Theo Epstein a blank contract to become Team President with full authority over baseball operations. I don't trust anyone else that's available to be able to deconstruct and completely rebuild this organization which is obviously what needs to be done at this point.

And if Moreno refuses to do that, then F U Chick Morono, the wannabe scout!!!!

Edited by Angel Oracle