• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tim Salmon & Chuck Finley to be in-dugout "advisors"

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Yes its his idea to have someone in the dugout to mentor the rookies because the Marquee vets are either not there (trout), don't speak english (ohtani), or dont give a shit (Rendon).

You have no evidence or proof of this. To Me it looks like an indictment and that the veterans are being used to evaluate current players and coaches. And maybe even the analytics folks.

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

You have no evidence or proof of this. To Me it looks like an indictment and that the veterans are being used to evaluate current players and coaches. And maybe even the analytics folks.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1698868640962023446

Take a listen and then apologize for being ignorant (as usual).  I'll wait

Edited by Swordsman78

16 minutes ago, Hubs said:

^^^  Saying this might be Nevin's idea is about as naive as it gets.....obviously it isn't good for Nevin or his staff....

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

That doesn't seem to line up to me....but we'll see....I am frequently wrong, particularly with this front office...

It's not hard to understand this move.

There is a lack of player leadership due to multiple factors.   So Nevin wanted respected guys in the dugout to mentor the Future of the franchise which are the rookies being called up, but unfortunately being placed in a cancerous environment.

1 minute ago, 70runner said:

Listening to Nevin describe the Salmon/Finley dugout duo doesn't sound at all like he was bypassed by the FO.  Regardless, I realize Nevin would spin this as his invention, but he sounded genuine when talking about his 2 friends.

How do we know they were friends? Nevin was on one team with these guys in 1998, and didn't last the year. 

We interviewed Tim Salmon many times over the years, including on stage at our Spring 2013 Fanfest Event in Tempe at the Doubletree Hotel. 

Here's one of them well over a decade ago when he started to transition into broadcasting. 

We also caught up with Chuck Finley in the past as well, here''s Chuck talking about new pitching analytics, spin rate, pitch limits, robo umps, what makes a good tailgate party and much more. 

6 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

You don't need to know anything.  And you clearly don't know anything.

Why do I not know anything and you seem to know everything? Even when you have been clearly wrong. On almost every point. For years.

We disagree. I am not insulting you, I just disagree. 

Nevin is a terrible, terrible manager. The worst manager I've seen for quite some time. Ausmus was almost as bad, IMHO. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Why do I not know anything and you seem to know everything? Even when you have been clearly wrong. On almost every point. For years.

We disagree. I am not insulting you, I just disagree. 

Nevin is a terrible, terrible manager. The worst manager I've seen for quite some time. Ausmus was almost as bad, IMHO. 

Save you negative agenda for the appropriate thread.  The one titled "Thumbsucker Takes".

Let's keep this conversation on topic.  -Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, Swordsman78 said:

Save you negative agenda for the appropriate thread.  The one titled "Thumbsucker Takes".

I am one of the most positive members on this board. I just hate Nevin, I think the choice to fire Maddon doomed the Angels, and the fact that they didn't even look for a new manager in the offseason is what cost them this year.

In my opinion, he's a puppet. Maddon said Minasian and Tam were interfering in game. There is evidence of this in the fact that they replaced Maddon's bench coach with a guy from the front office.... He may have been bitter over the firing, but there was tension for a while starting here....

You can choose to see things in a different way, to me, this is not Nevin's choice. He can say it is, but it's not. He's not under contract for 2024, and I highly doubt he will be back.

12 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

You didn't create the topic and you are not a moderator so keep your opinions to yourself about the flow of conversations that you disagree with.

Thank you in advance.

7 minutes ago, BTH said:

I know what Nevin said, but…

I find it hard to believe that after the team came home from an awful road trip (capped off by embarrassing themselves vs. the A’s), Nevin went up and got permission from ownership to bring in two former Angels greats as “advisors.”

Conspiracy fan much?

4 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Sooo I have to keep my opinions to myself, but others are perfectly fine hijacking threads? 

This thread is not being hijacked in any way and you don't get to tell others what opinions they can present. You are presenting opinions based on no facts that are counter to others concerning the same subject matter and are not being censored or shut down.

So quit trying to control the conversation you are not liking.