• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels reinstate Thaiss, option Velazquez, place Max Stassi on the restricted list (family medical emergency)

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels reinstate Thaiss, option Velazquez, place Max Stassi on the restricted list (family medical emergency)
12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So are we upset that Arte is choosing not to pay Stassi the final month so they can get under the tax threshold and improve their possible draft position if they lose Ohtani?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what happened here, but it certainly does read the way you described it. 

Give the team credit for paying Stassi this whole time, when they probably didn’t have to. Only when there was some tangible benefit to putting him on the restricted list did they actually do it.

It’s not a big deal, and doesn’t say anything about the team being cold hearted or cheap or anything stupid like that. They put Trout on the restricted list when he was away from the team after the birth of his son. It’s pretty standard procedure around the league I’m sure.

Just now, ADHB said:

Give the team credit for paying Stassi this whole time, when they probably didn’t have to. Only when there was some tangible benefit to putting him on the restricted list did they actually do it.

It’s not a big deal, and doesn’t say anything about the team being cold hearted or cheap or anything stupid like that. They put Trout on the restricted list when he was away from the team after the birth of his son. It’s pretty standard procedure around the league I’m sure.

Yep.  That's the way I look at it.  They did more than they had to.  I don't think the Angels are "bad guys" in any way for making this move now.  Hope Stassi and his family (presumably his wife?) get the care they need and that there's some sort of positive resolution.

11 minutes ago, Just Sayin said:

Look….I hope Stassi is okay and his family is okay.  Wish the best for Stassi.   

But seriously, after his performance last season he’s lucky he’s getting paid ANYTHING. 

He seriously SUCKED last season.

So he had a bad season. It happens.