• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels now with $130,000,000 of 2023 payroll impacted by injury

Ohtani just got injured today.  They're 61-67, so it's stupid to throw out that $130M number as if it means anything at this point.  Who gives a shit if Ohtani doesn't pitch again this season? If he did, maybe the Angels would go 14-20 in their remaining games instead of 13-21...

It's been a terrible year for the Angels in terms of both injuries and performance--but it's disingenuous to add Ohtani's salary to the IL total and try to make any meaningful point with it.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ohtani just got injured today.  They're 61-67, so it's stupid to throw out that $130M number as if it means anything at this point.  Who gives a shit if Ohtani doesn't pitch again this season? If he did, maybe the Angels would go 14-20 in their remaining games instead of 13-21...

It's been a terrible year for the Angels in terms of both injuries and performance--but it's disingenuous to add Ohtani's salary to the IL total and try to make any meaningful point with it.

Just reporting the facts maam.  No matter how inconvenient they may be to you.

Just now, Swordsman78 said:

Just reporting the facts maam.  No matter how inconvenient they may be to you.

Lol.  Has nothing to do with being inconvenient. It's just meaningless. What point are you trying to make by including Ohtani's salary here? His current injury has had zero impact on their 61-67 record up to this point. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.  Has nothing to do with being inconvenient. It's just meaningless. What point are you trying to make by including Ohtani's salary here? His current injury has had zero impact on their 61-67 record up to this point. 

Actually the consistent and multi game injuries to the Angel regulars have everything to do with the 61-67 record.  Anyone who is a injury denier can't be a serious contributor.  I hope this doesn't include you.

9 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Actually the consistent and multi game injuries to the Angel regulars have everything to do with the 61-67 record.  Anyone who is a injury denier can't be a serious contributor.  I hope this doesn't include you.

You completely avoided my question of what point you're trying to make by including Ohtani's salary here. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You completely avoided my question of what point you're trying to make by including Ohtani's salary here. 

There was another thread someone started that claimed the Yankees had more payroll tied up in players on the IL but it ignored that Judge being on the IL isn't the same impact as the Angels having 16 players on the IL.

In fact one member claimed Judge's 10 war was more valuable than Trout on the IL. Until I pointed out Judge was only worth 2.9 war this season.

Anyway, it was a dumb article based on salary not player depth.