• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/18/23): Rays @ Angels: Schanuel leading off & O'Hoppe is back!

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

The big picture is that the Angles scored 6 runs and lost.   But yeah, ignore the pitching and blame the manager.   Exactly why the organization continues to lose.

You dumbass, Nevin chose the pitching matchups and stayed with a guy that threw a ball that skied the backstop. He continued to watch the meltdown and had the opportunity to pull him for a lefty/lefty matchup and didn't, even though he was at 45 pitches.

Nevin's performance as a manager in the 10th was abysmal. Simply incompetence on parade.

Same old story. You would think a 5-1 lead would get you a win. This isn't a good team. They can score runs but the pitching is dogshit. The entire pitching infrastructure needs to be cleared out and rebuilt. If Maddon was let go the way he was, you wonder how come no one has taken the fall for the pitching woes.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

You dumbass, Nevin chose the pitching matchups and stayed with a guy that threw a ball that skied the backstop. He continued to watch the meltdown and had the opportunity to pull him for a lefty/lefty matchup and didn't, even though he was at 45 pitches.

Nevin's performance as a manager in the 10th was abysmal. Simply incompetence on parade.

The game was 9 innings Blarg, not one inning.

Do yourself a favor and stop harping on theoretical outcomes.

3 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

This might be the first time a team has had a grand slam AND a triple play in the same game...and still lost.

1 minute ago, No Roles said:

yep that was the point i was making...not sure too many instances like this have happened

Looks like it getting a triple play and a grand slam has happened a handful of times: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/white-sox-become-fourth-team-in-50-years-with-triple-play-grand-slam-in-same-game-033314622.html

...and I checked the box score of the '79 Blue Jays occurrence and they lost 9-8. Didn't check the others.

Just now, TroutField said:

Another game of giving up a ridiculous amount of runs. 

the pitching SUCKS. All this stupid advanced metrics and tamin bullpen matrix, etc all to be complete shit. 

at this point just let the pitchers and the catcher call the pitches. What difference would it make? 

I highly doubt the matrix had anything to do with tonight considering everyone was available. This was poor management. 

3 minutes ago, No Roles said:

yep that was the point i was making...not sure too many instances like this have happened

A lot of weird stuff has happened this year. Barely able to score a day after scoring 25 runs. The endless number of games the other team has scored 8+ runs. The endless number of games a 4 run lead was blown. Two 35 million dollar players being out for weeks, approaching months.  A formerly competent closer for the first half who can't get his shit together. Games where the manager makes moves like he's throwing darts at the wall hoping something sticks. Insane.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My favorite nail?  No but I’m going to call it like it is. 

But no problem with the hitters not being able to score the guy from 2nd with one out in the 9th.   Bregman probably comes through there.

Your game  analysis is very LAZY.   But keep pounding your favorite nail Pugsley.

1 minute ago, Swordsman78 said:

Who would you have sent out, and show us where you suggested it prior to the start of the inning.

It is not my job. I am not paid to make those decisions. Someone is, and is piss-poor at it. 

Estevez has sucked for about a month and a half now, and if you can't see it, it's because you aren't able to from your perch on Nevin's nuts. 

Just now, Swordsman78 said:

But no problem with the hitters not being able to score the guy from 2nd with one out in the 9th.   Bregman probably comes through there.

Your game  analysis is very LAZY.   But keep pounding your favorite nail Pugsley.

I have a problem with that inning as well.  Nevin should have had Grichuk bunt. 

Just now, Mark68 said:

It is not my job. I am not paid to make those decisions. Someone is, and is piss-poor at it. 

Estevez has sucked for about a month and a half now, and if you can't see it, it's because you aren't able to from your perch on Nevin's nuts. 

Once again.  Name some better options.