• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels offense with 0 outs

gurn67

Seeing Seager get yet another 2 out RBI hit against the Angels made me want to look up some stats. Maybe it's just because it seems like this team just can't seem to put rallies together like the teams facing them do.

The Angels offensively are by far the best team in MLB with no outs. It's not even close. They are 1st in hits, home runs, RBI's, batting average, OBP, Slg, OPS. total bases. So, they obviously have guys who can hit when the pressure is not on. However, pitchers pitch differently when there is 1 out, and especially when there is 2 outs. 

I'm going to compare the Angels' RBI's this year vs. the Rangers.

0 outs

Angels 169

Rangers 139

1 out

Angels 197

Rangers 260

2 outs when the pitchers are really bearing down because 2 out Runs are so demoralizing when you're just one out away from getting out of an inning..

Angels 189

Rangers 255

Angels pitchers are pretty much the opposite of the hitters. They do great with 0 outs, and suck with 1 or 2 outs. I couldn't find runs allowed, or ERA, so I'm just going to go with batting average and Whip

Angels pitchers with 0 outs

BA 4th best

Whip 18th best (walking way too many hitters which leads to extra runs being scored later)

1 out

BA 24th

Whip 25th

2 outs when the pitchers really need to bear down and get the team out of an inning.

BA 22nd

Whip 27th 

This team seems filled mostly with guys who don't perform well under pressure. The statistics show that anyway.

2 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Seeing Seager get yet another 2 out RBI hit against the Angels made me want to look up some stats. Maybe it's just because it seems like this team just can't seem to put rallies together like the teams facing them do.

The Angels offensively are by far the best team in MLB with no outs. It's not even close. They are 1st in hits, home runs, RBI's, batting average, OBP, Slg, OBP. total bases. So, they obviously have guys who can hit when the pressure is not on. However, pitchers pitch differently when there is 1 out, and especially when there is 2 outs. 

I'm going to compare the Angels' RBI's this year vs. the Rangers.

0 outs

Angels 169

Rangers 139

1 out

Angels 197

Rangers 260

2 outs when the pitchers are really bearing down because 2 out Runs are so demoralizing when you're just one out away from getting out of an inning..

Angels 189

Rangers 255

Angels pitchers are pretty much the opposite of the hitters. They do great with 0 outs, and suck with 1 or 2 outs. I couldn't find runs allowed, or ERA, so I'm just going to go with batting average and Whip

Angels pitchers with 0 outs

BA 4th best

Whip 18th best (walking way too many hitters which leads to extra runs being scored later)

1 out

BA 24th

Whip 25th

2 outs when the pitchers really need to bear down and get the team out of an inning.

BA 22nd

Whip 27th 

This team seems filled mostly with guys who don't perform well under pressure. The statistics show that anyway.

Great take.  Thank you for quantifying what some of us have been feeling was the case.