• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you want Rendon back in the lineup?

Do you want Rendon back in the lineup?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Rendon back in the lineup for 2023?

• Yes
    • No

If he’s able to play and is our best option then sure.  I don’t think it’s clear that he’s their best option.  They shouldn’t just slot him back into the middle of the order.  He’s not hitting even when he does manage to stay on the field for more than 3 or 4 consecutive games.  

Like the question is whether he’s more useful to the team than Escobar or Rengifo or I guess Moustakas.  I don’t think that’s clear right now.  Rengifo is hot.  I wouldn’t automatically defer to Rendon while that’s going on.  I don’t give a shit about his ego.  They need to win every game they can. 

I've actually been thinking about this lately as we are going to have to address this at some point.

I voted no, I don't want him back in the lineup. I'm pretty impressed with Moustakas and Rengifo and I don't think Rendon brings much to table anymore.

He's lost his power, has no speed, and with his 8 errors already his defense has gone into the toilet. And I won't have any patience for him to struggle through yet another slump while he tries to figure something out. We can't afford to lose any games while he's flailing away at the plate.

I would tell him to stay home and continue to rehab from all of his sundry injuries. In fact I'm of the opinion that the reason his power has collapsed since he came back is because he's never really gotten his strength and function back from the hip surgery. He slaps at the ball now instead of driving it. 

I say put him on the 60 day IL and let someone else have his spot. In the meantime Anthony can get ready for next year when hopefully he can start fresh and healthy.

Just my .02

~ArkyRamsFan~

I think Rendon still has a lot of skill left in the tank. When he's healthy, he is still in impact player for any lineup.

The problem with him (besides being made of glass), is he takes some time to find his groove. 

With that, he absolutely needs a rehab assignment before returning so he can shake off the rust in a way that's not detrimental to the team.

1 hour ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

I say put him on the 60 day IL and let someone else have his spot.

A player can't be put on the 60 IL without a Doctor defining an injury. If Rendon clears medical he has to be returned to active duty. They can only stash him in the minors for a few rehab starts then he's back in the dugout. 

So that fantasy isn't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, OhtaniSan said:

I think Rendon still has a lot of skill left in the tank. When he's healthy, he is still in impact player for any lineup.

The problem with him (besides being made of glass), is he takes some time to find his groove. 

With that, he absolutely needs a rehab assignment before returning so he can shake off the rust in a way that's not detrimental to the team.

You want to waste his 6 games of healthy play in the minors!? You have to soak that up before a heavy gust of wind comes by and rips his leg off. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

A player can't be put on the 60 IL without a Doctor defining an injury. If Rendon clears medical he has to be returned to active duty. They can only stash him in the minors for a few rehab starts then he's back in the dugout. 

So that fantasy isn't going to happen. 

Not the 60 day IL, the 60 day RL. Going on the rendon list will be the way to go in the very near future. Can come off of it whenever you feel like and can actually go back on it mid game.