• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels (5/10/23 1pm): Canning on the mound

Nevin..Drury should of been bunting.

You're still playing for the win with a runner at 2 and one out...Drury has been sucking and Thais has been hot.

Plus you make them throw it around a Lil bit and who knows what may happen.

Sacrificing is not cool these days, but could of won the game.

Also F Rendon!

This sure looks like another .500ish season. Very disappointed after these past two series, especially against Houston. No reason to lose this series at home with our two best starters going and the Astros banged up and not as good as previous seasons. Just sucks a lot after getting to 5 games over to be right back to only 2 over and struggling.

56 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dear Phil Nevin, pull your head out of your ass and manage the damn team. 

I’m not a big proponent of bunting but with runners at first and second and no outs you got to bunt right there to bring the tying run 90 feet away and the go ahead run at second.

I agree, he needs to get his head out of his ass we needed to win this game especially with a team in our division. You need to bunt the runners over whether it’s good or bad the main thing is to win the game and you blew it and the cause of this loss

1 hour ago, daygloman said:

Buttercupped.

I can't WAIT to see how it'll go in Cleveland?

It's a rain out for sure on Friday according to the weather forecast. I have tickets to the game that won't be refundable because I won't be in Cleveland any time in the next couple years.

If you guys think you got buttercupped today, this aint nothing compared to my Friday. 

I'm not a Nevin hater...this game did make me reminisce for Sosh.

Sosh would of found a way to push across the tying run and prob the winning run.

Drury should of been sacrificing!

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's a rain out for sure on Friday according to the weather forecast. I have tickets to the game that won't be refundable because I won't be in Cleveland any time in the next couple years.

If you guys think you got buttercupped today, this aint nothing compared to my Friday. 

I'm sorry man.

I hope it wasn't devastating. 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I’m not a big proponent of bunting but with runners at first and second and no outs you got to bunt right there to bring the tying run 90 feet away and the go ahead run at second.

Yeah, for the life of me I don't understand way that didn't happen.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder why Philips was not put into PR. Monday night halos 6 to 4 in 9th Philips elite defense not used. Someone explain why he is on the team. Maybe Drury has not bunted since little league.

6 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Not sure bunting with Drury would have made a difference with Thaiss' short fly out.

The SS went fairly deep to catch it, so maybe if the infield came in, but then the left fielder would probably play real shallow with Thaiss at bat. And who knows if they even would have done that.

It's a whole different scenario and AB for Thaiss with runners at 3@2 and one out.

Maybe he pops up again...or maybe he is pitched different and wins the game with a big hit...Shit even a wild pitch bc he is being pitched different ties the game.

It's a alternate universe with a SAC bunt, and to say Thaiss would still pop out is flawed.

Deep,right!!

Edited by REDneck

4 hours ago, REDneck said:

We need two chipping hammers and two sledges and a tank.

Two tanks!!

We need two chipping hammers and two sledges and a tank.

Two tanks!!

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Interested Kevin Nash GIF

i'm available for cash only. 

We missed you buddy...show up next time and I will buy you a ice cold Bud light!!

I'm not a Nevin hater...this game did make me reminisce for Sosh.

Sosh would of found a way to push across the tying run and prob the winning run.

Drury should of been sacrificing!

Sosh would have found another way to lose the game though.  His last few years wasted alot of opportunities.  But I like Sosh as a person, and for what he did early on.  The game just passed him by.

Edited by Swordsman78

4 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

I agree, he needs to get his head out of his ass we needed to win this game especially with a team in our division. You need to bunt the runners over whether it’s good or bad the main thing is to win the game and you blew it and the cause of this loss

So if he bunted, and it was a successful bunt (not a given) what did the next batter do?