• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox (4/17/23 8am): Ohtani on the mound, no Trout or Rendon

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

.500 now. But still so many questions marks. A good series in New York may spark some momentum. Not sure about the Neto addition. Not the time for this experiment. 

Mmmm we didn’t have a shortstop and he took Fletcher’s roster spot. 

how could you find any negative in that…?

Good to get back to .500 and hopefully some momentum built for what will be a tough series in New York. Do wish though this team made it a bit easier when we get ahead and not have us fans holding our chests throughout haha.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It used to be that a game that was tied when it couldn’t be completed after five innings would go down as a tie and essentially they had to replay the whole thing. Now those games are suspended. 

So does that include games that aren’t tied?  Or do they start those over?

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So does that include games that aren’t tied?  Or do they start those over?

No. If five innings are completed and someone is winning, the game is official. I think maybe that happened once already this year. 

In the postseason, however, every game goes nine, so they are all suspended. That’s a rule they changed after the 2008 near debacle in the WS. 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. If five innings are completed and someone is winning, the game is official. I think maybe that happened once already this year. 

In the postseason, however, every game goes nine, so they are all suspended. That’s a rule they changed after the 2008 near debacle in the WS. 

Sorry. I think I’m explaining this poorly so I’ll use todays game as an example. The Angels had a 5-1 lead before the rain delay, in the 3rd inning. If they postponed the game after the 5-1 lead but before the 5th inning would they resume the game at 5-1 or start over? 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sorry. I think I’m explaining this poorly so I’ll use todays game as an example. The Angels had a 5-1 lead before the rain delay, in the 3rd inning. If they postponed the game after the 5-1 lead but before the 5th inning would they resume the game at 5-1 or start over? 

They would start over. 

(in 2020 only they changed it to make all games suspended, even before 5 innings. That was just for 2020.)