• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox (4/16/23 10:30am Pacific): Detmers on the mound, Neto leading off, no Ward

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox (4/16/23 10:30am Pacific): Detmers on the mound, Neto leading off, no Ward
3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yeah, the guy batting .182 with 12 K in his last 28 AB can really hit. 

I'd rather have the guy who can play defense the entire game out there. 

Phillips hit .144 and struck out 94 times in 201 AB last year, so even as bad as Rengifo has been, yeah, he's a better hitter.

(I wouldn't mind seeing Phillips starting today, either, btw...but he truly is an awful hitter.)

Honesty, besides health I'm not really worried about Rendon, his average is up to 280, OBP is over 400. The power will come. 

Ward needed a day off, he's struggled last few games. 

It's still too early to give up on rengifo.

Thank Goodness we don't have to see Lamb more. But we really need Walsh back. 

Good to see Wantz back! I'd rather see Wantz in close games than Loup or Tepera. Personally I'd go 7th Wantz/Quijada, 8th Moore, 9th Estevez 

Lets go Neto! 

Funny enough our stats as a team are pretty good so far.  Bullpen/SP are around the top third of the league, same with the offense.

Typical of the Angels though, they seem to just always find new, unlucky, and stupid ways to lose games.  Untimely defensive lapses, unclutch hitting, catcher interference calls, offensive slumps, liners right at dudes, offense sucks when the pitching is good and vice versa.  We could easily be 9-5 with a few more things going our way.