• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ump scorecard from last night

I still think they could get away with just having the robo ump call the outside corner and bottom of the zone and allow the plate ump to concentrate on the inside corner and the top. I've tried umpiring with kids and it's hard to see everything. It's physically impossible with a full sized catcher

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I still think they could get away with just having the robo ump call the outside corner and bottom of the zone and allow the plate ump to concentrate on the inside corner and the top. I've tried umpiring with kids and it's hard to see everything. It's physically impossible with a full sized catcher

This

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

5 ball/strike challenges a game or so to start would be nice. Batter has to call for review within 3 seconds. The results show on the jumbotron. Pretty much take what tennis has been doing for a long time. 

In tennis can they challenge both out balls called in and in balls called out? 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I still think the velocity and increased movement of pitches makes the job of a home plate umpire very difficult. You are seeing 99 MPH with 19 inches of movement these days. 

These guys are supposed to be the best in the business. If a batter can hit a 99 MPH pitch with 19 inches of movement, an ump should be able to accurately call it.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

These guys are supposed to be the best in the business. If a batter can hit a 99 MPH pitch with 19 inches of movement, an ump should be able to accurately call it.

They also have the best in the world catchers doing all they can to make the pitch look more like a strike. 

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

They also have the best in the world catchers doing all they can to make the pitch look more like a strike. 

So get rid of umps all together if they can't keep up.

I'd love if people on a message board made excuses for me if I was only 88% accurate at my job.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So get rid of umps all together if they can't keep up.

I'd love if people on a message board made excuses for me if I was only 88% accurate at my job.

A sales person being able to close 88% of the individuals they speak to would be impressive. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dude you make a life of making excuses for other people.  It’s literally all you do. 

If I "make excuses" for anyone, it's for people who are marginalized in society.

You seem to have an inability to criticize anybody who holds some kind of authority position.

But you're still one of my favorite posters.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

If I "make excuses" for anyone, it's for people who are marginalized in society.

You seem to have an inability to criticize anybody who holds some kind of authority position.

But you're still one of my favorite posters.

My point is if we are seeing worse home plate umpiring by more umpires maybe the job became harder. Then I have an example of how it could have become harder. It has zero to do with authority and more to do with causation and not assuming they are incompetent. 

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My point is if we are seeing worse home plate umpiring by more umpires maybe the job became harder. Then I have an example of how it could have become harder. It has zero to do with authority and more to do with causation and not assuming they are incompetent. 

Perhaps, but it's not like the umpires were doing so well until this season came around. 

Do you extend the same level of systemic understanding to the minor leaguers who get paid pennies? Just curious.